title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Same CD drive, consistenly different rip errors between batch ripper and eac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtMandella
    • Mar 2013

Same CD drive, consistenly different rip errors between batch ripper and eac

I am getting about a 50% "insecure" error rate when using batch ripper to rip my CDs. When using same drive but manually ripping using EAC, the error rate is almost non-existent.

Anyone else experience this?

Lt
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Same CD drive, consistenly different rip errors between batch ripper and eac

Try without c2 pointers if you have them enabled.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtMandella
      • Mar 2013

Re: Same CD drive, consistenly different rip errors between batch ripper and eac

Thanks Spoon, that made a huge improvement. Batch ripper accurate ripped 55 discs with only two errors.

But the ripping froze on disc 56. Over 2 hours on one a track before I stopped it. I have the accurate ripping configuration set to abort ripping at 8 mins but that didn't happen.
      Tried to find the cause but the machine actually was then useless. I noticed there was a windows dialog about insufficient resources. And it was popping up when I tried to do anything on the machine- couldn't access any files or anythng, so no choice but to reboot windows. This is a on Vista service pack 1 Vaio laptop.

Is there a way to restart batchripping at a specific slot in the changer rather than at slot 1? I'd like to just finish ripping the remainin discs in the changer without having to unload the discs that already ripped successfully.

After restarting windows, I tried using the changer utility to mount the 56th disc manaually, and I started batch ripping again, but after that disc successfully ripped, batch ripper mounted disc 1 and wanted to continue from there.

thanks,
      Lt.

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

You are using the Sony changer? I have not gotten C2 to work with that using dBpoweramp, so likely you should keep it off. (The drive fitted in the changer supports it, but dBpoweramp cannot get that information across the Firewire bridge ... )

If you need to unload, then you should use e.g. the mediachanger.exe utility ( two links to different versions: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...atch-Rip-DVD-s ) with a FOR loop in order to unload 0 to 55 rather than start from 199 as the changer's pushbutton will do.
        Last edited by Porcus; 03-31-2013, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• LtMandella
          • Mar 2013

Thanks for the reply Porcus,

I did have C2 configured with the XL1B changer, and at Spoon's suggestion, when I deselected it, the "accurate" errors almost completely disappeared.

So with that change I got batch ripper configured with the XL1B for excellent quality rips and loaded about 80 CDs into the changer and kicked off the batch.

This morning the ripping was stuck on CD *56 - a dialogue had popped up in the night saying "out of resources" or something similiar, and I could not access the drives or any other programs next morning, had to reboot windows. I do have anti-spam, anti-virus, and who know what else running on the machine, so who knows what the interactions might be.

But thats why I wanted to restart batch ripper at a slot OTHER than *1, so I could restart ripping again at the slot where the previous batch rip stalled, without having to unload the CDs that already successfully ripped.

Next time I try a batch, I will just load 40 or so CDs. If that batch completes without stalling, that will be great, I'll just batch 40 at a time...

Lt.

Comment

• Porcus
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2007

Yeah, I have a command that eject starting from 0 rather than from 199. Then you could just load up and then remove the first ones.

Comment

Working...

]]>