title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hifrad
    • Jun 2011

Metadata Question

When ripping a classical CD using AMG as the metadata source, its very common that in a work with multiple movements they will list the full title of the work for each movement. Is there anyway to set up a filter which allows you to only have the work title show for the first track?

Thanks
  • Mike48
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2012

Re: Metadata Question

I haven't set up anything as sophisticated as that. It's not what I would want, either. However, many of the freedb metadata entries are set up that way -- doesn't that work for you?

Comment

• Hifrad
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Mike48
      I haven't set up anything as sophisticated as that. It's not what I would want, either. However, many of the freedb metadata entries are set up that way -- doesn't that work for you?
      I find that AMG tends to be the most organized with regard to classical, but I could try the freedb.

Thanks

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

Are you sure this is what you want? The tag cropped? Or are you merely trying to limit the length of filenames? If that is the case, you should keep the tags and rather try some naming formattings.

Comment

• RLANE
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Hifrad
          I find that AMG tends to be the most organized with regard to classical, but I could try the freedb.

Thanks
          NO difference. This is/was common practice when the only media players were the likes of iPods, Zunes, and so on. Limited display, limited sorting.etc.
          I've ripped thousands of CDs, and have thousands to go, and I have simply resigned myself to editting out that info before every ripping session.

Comment

Working...

]]>