title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: .DSF format support

.DSF format support

Hi,

I first want to say that I've been using Asset since around Christmas when I got my Onkyo AVR and wanted to try it's network support. Well, it's been performing flawlessly since then. I've not had one bit of trouble...except maybe getting some of the radio feeds working...which I gave up on because with the recievers built-in v.Tuner, it's not important. Last night I discovered my unit was behind on firmware updates since the last one was available *only* by USB...where as I was expecting the network function to work.

In addition to a couple of the usual bug fixes, bug introductions; they added support for ALAC, DolbyTruHD and .DSF to it's usb/networking support. I have in fact tested DSF files with a USB stick...and they decoded in their glorious 1-bit/2822.4khz glory.

However, I've noticed that Asset supports DFF, but not DSF. Currently, my Onkyo supports DSF, but reports are that DFF files will not play. Are there any plans for adding .DSF support as well?

Administrator

Re: .DSF format support

It is quite an obscure area, there seems to be little standard industry wide (not to mention little actual content). We currently are not making changes.

:cry::cry::cry:

Why ?

.DFF not support tags. [COLOR="*000000"]DSF support ![/COLOR]

One great feature of dBpoweramp is the "Edit-ID-Tag"-function.

When do you think this will be available for .dsf(dff)-files as well?

dBpoweramp Guru

We cannot promise a time, sorry.