title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My program is saying it can't convert to FLAC, WHY?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: My program is saying it can't convert to FLAC, WHY?

The image is a bit too blury for me to make out (the size or something). But am I correct that this is taking two hours to convert a SINGLE file? If so, something is definitely wrong. Should be a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by almc2242 View Post
    Its taking two hours to convert. from WAV to Flac for example.
    A few things come to mind: are you converting to or from a networked drive? Does disabling any anti-virus software make a difference? Are you using some sort of auto-backup (or cloud storage) ?

I regularly do many things while doing conversions (ripping, playing, etc.) and everything runs at a respectable pace

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    The image is a bit too blury for me to make out (the size or something). But am I correct that this is taking two hours to convert a SINGLE file? If so, something is definitely wrong. Should be a few seconds.
    That what I mean, it use to take what, no more then three minutes to do ten cuts? No way. BTW, I'm giving my HD a disfrag. just in case.

dBpoweramp Guru

And you the source file (one you are converting) and destination (new) file are both on the C:\ drive? Not on a network drive somewhere or external USB drive?

No guys, if you look carefully, I've been in this forum since 2006. Yes, I've never posted before because I never had any problems with this program. This is the first time I'm going thru these problems. (Slow conversion and Error message (can't open...)) I've had Windows 2000, XP, Vista and now Windows 8. Very strange.

dBpoweramp Guru

No guys, if you look carefully, I've been in this forum since 2006. Yes, I've never posted before because I never had any problems with this program. This is the first time I'm going thru these problems. (Slow conversion and Error message (can't open...)) I've had Windows 2000, XP, Vista and now Windows 8. Very strange.
    ok, but you've never answered the question of whether the source/destination files are on your C:\ drive and not something external like a network share. That could be a problem no matter how long you've been on the forum. Does you "no guys, if you look" mean "no, the files are all on my C:\ drive and I'm not using network share, nas, external USB drive?

No, they are all on the same drive. Tell you what. I'll record a clip, place it on you tube and you can see the process. Then you can evaluate and or check out which is the problem. Give me about an hour.

dBpoweramp Guru

No, they are all on the same drive. Tell you what. I'll record a clip, place it on you tube and you can see the process. Then you can evaluate and or check out which is the problem. Give me about an hour.
    I'm assuming you're being a smart-alec here with this comment. So keep in mind, I don't work here! I've only been trying to help diagnose as another user. To diagnose, one needs information. I'm not sitting in front of your computer. I don't know what you know or don't know. Being a member since 2006 with only a few posts doesn't give me any info either on what you might understand or not. And you were asked that question about file location several times without answering it. The fact that you were wanting to convert mp3 files to FLAC was evidence that you didn't understand a lot about the process so I was assuming you needed help with the basics. But anyhow, I'll not waste your time any longer with my silly questions.
    Last edited by garym; 03-29-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Excuse me sir, with all do respect to you and all who are trying to help. This is serious. Meaning that I've been using this program since 2006 means that I'm surprise that its not functioning like it always use to. I'm Latin maybe the meaning of some post were lost in translation, use Google Translation in some cases. I apologies if their has been any misunderstanding to you and any other honorable member. Here is the post I promise;

Back to one. When I took this clip, I couldn't post the entire clip because it was saying it was going to take 1 hour and 20 minutes more to finish the conversion. I only have 15 or 20 minutes time on You Tube. It also takes too much time to do the last song. As soon as my problem is resolved, I'll remove it from You Tube. Once again, I hope this isn't bringing any inconvenient to no one.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Have you tried using other applications to convert files? The converter in foobar2000 might not be as user friendly as dBpoweramp, but you'd be able to determine if the problem is related to dBpoweramp or if there might be a deeper issue with your computer system.

For your encoding speed to drop to 1.6x . . . something is definitely wrong. I'm just not smart enough to know what it could be.

Excuse me sir, with all do respect to you and all who are trying to help. This is serious.
    Well, I was trying to help but you didn't answer any of my questions so what else should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSmith View Post
    A few things come to mind: are you converting to or from a networked drive? Does disabling any anti-virus software make a difference? Are you using some sort of auto-backup (or cloud storage) ?

dBpoweramp Guru

Excuse me sir, with all do respect to you and all who are trying to help. This is serious. Meaning that I've been using this program since 2006 means that I'm surprise that its not functioning like it always use to. I'm Latin maybe the meaning of some post were lost in translation, use Google Translation in some cases. I apologies if their has been any misunderstanding to you and any other honorable member. Here is the post I promise;
    Sorry, I did misunderstand you. I thought you were being a smart alec (e.g., "what you want me to do, paint you a picture!") but you were seriously saying you were going to do a youtube video to show what's happening. I can see the language interpretation issue. My apologies. I'll take a look at the youtube video and see if I can help.

dBpoweramp Guru

Its taking two hours to convert. from WAV to Flac for example.
    Take one wav file, convert to Test Conversion. Report what happens.

Roger that mville.
    Last edited by almc2242; 03-30-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Thank you very much garym.
    Last edited by almc2242; 03-30-2013 at 08:44 AM.