title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art Description Changes When Converting FLAC To AAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pddmcse
    • Mar 2013

Album Art Description Changes When Converting FLAC To AAC

Hey guys!! First of all, thank you for the support as well as providing such an amazing software. I've recently archived most of my CD collection to FLAC and I'm currently converting all those music files to AAC for personal playback. All the cover art for the FLAC files are listed as "Front Album Cover" (which is perfect), but once I covert the files over to AAC the cover art is still correct, but it is now being listed as "Artwork 1". Just as a test, I converted a few of the FLAC files to MP3 and the description stayed as "Front Album Cover" and not as "Artwork 1".

Is that just the way converting to AAC works? Having "Artwork 1" isn't a big deal at the moment but I like having my files described as close to the original files (FLAC archive) as possible. Once again, thanks!!

DJ Padawan
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Album Art Description Changes When Converting FLAC To AAC

By AAC you mean AAC in a m4a file?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pddmcse
      • Mar 2013

I'm so sorry Spoon, I should of specified the full format. I'm converting all my FLAC audio files to m4a Nero (AAC) with dBpa Batch Converter, and that's when the Album Art description changes...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

As far as I am aware m4a tags cannot contain what type of art work is present.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pddmcse
          • Mar 2013

Spoon, you're absolutely correct. I found out when I tried to re-add the album art to the m4a file a little bit before you replied. This is my first time dealing with m4a files, still learning the mechanics. Thank you very much for verifying and your awesome support...

Comment

Working...

]]>