title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Wont Rip Known Good Commercial CDs

CD Ripper Wont Rip Known Good Commercial CDs

I have a Plextor PX-L890UE DVR running on a Windows 8 computer via USB. CD Ripper was working (except for a few unreadable CDs) until I updated firmware on the Plextor. Since that update, CD Ripper will recognize a CD, begin to rip, spend 5 seconds or less reading each track, and then indicate "Error". It then moves to the next track, reads for a few seconds, indicates "Error" and so on until it gets through the entire CD. It will do this even on CDs that it previously (before the firmware update) ripped OK.

I just spent an hour on the phone with Plextor support and we were able to scan the CD for errors and verify that it is OK, verify that the Plextor drive rips fine when operating under Windows Media Player on the same computer, and verified that the Plextor drive rips fine when connected to a different computer.

Therefore this is a problem specific to DB Poweramp CD Ripper working with this drive with the new firmware under Windows 8. After the firmware update, CD Ripper requested to set the offset (again) and it seemed to do it OK, resulting in the same offset as before. Could someone advise me of how to fix this problem? For instance, are there some other settings in DB Poweramp that need to be reset that I am missing? Is there a conflict somewhere? I am really at a loss! Help!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: CD Ripper Wont Rip Known Good Commercial CDs

This is a shot in the dark, but I would double-check the ripper's settings to ensure you're ripping to a valid location. Your devices may have been assigned new letters.

Administrator

If you want dBpoweramp to rip the same way as Media Player, CD Ripper >> Options >> Communication >> Windows Built-in

dBpoweramp Guru

Try disabling C2 or setting the 8KB buffer size option.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglescout1998 View Post
    This is a shot in the dark, but I would double-check the ripper's settings to ensure you're ripping to a valid location. Your devices may have been assigned new letters.
    Thanks so much Eaglescout (you have the right name!) That was it exactly. Somehow the Plextor got reassigned letter D when previously letter D had been my backup hard drive where DBPoweramp was directing my backup music files. So the problem was DBPoweramp was trying to direct the backup files to the Plextor DVDR and of course that would not work! Thanks again!

And thank you Spoon and Bhoar, I appreciate the responses. They might be good things to try if this ever happens again.