title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No metadata in FLAC files

No metadata in FLAC files

I have been using dBpoweramp for years to rip CDs to MP3, and I have never had a problem. But when I try to rip anything to FLAC, I get no metadata embedded in the files -- no track names, artist, album art, or anything. All of the metadata is on the screen when I rip, it just doesn't make it into the .flac file. According to the help page at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/help/Codec/Flac/help.htm, there's supposed to be a "Tag Creation" option in the FLAC ID Tagging section that defaults to Vorbis Comments, but all I can see are the Vorbis Comment Mapping options 1-7. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: I am using version 14.4, on Windows XP SP3 32-bit.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: No metadata in FLAC files

Odd. In the ripper program select OPTIONS, then about 1/2 way down under metadata & ID Tag section, select OPTIONS, then toward bottom of popup, there is an ID Tag Options section. Make sure you haven't ticked the "disable tag writing" there. And below that you see where you can select the tags you want to appear in the files.

Disable Tag Writing is unchecked. Under Write ID Tags, all of the tags I want are checked. I have no problems getting the tags I want into MP3 files; only FLAC is giving me problems.

Here is a screen cap of my codec configuration window. Is this normal, or should there be a Tag Creation option under FLAC ID tagging?

Administrator

Try to uninstall, reboot Windows and reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try to uninstall, reboot Windows and reinstall.
    That did the trick! Thank you. While uninstalling, I also cleaned out a bunch of old dBpoweramp codecs that I never use. I'm guessing having R14.4 installed overtop of the old R13 and the old codecs is what messed it up. I still don't see a "Tag Creation" option under configuration, but it's writing all my metadata properly in Vorbis Comments format, so I'm happy. :D