title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Monitoring Asset

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike48
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2012

Monitoring Asset

I just started using Asset again, now the registered version. I hoped that this would be a DLNA server with no major flaws.

First time bringing up the library in the control point, many albums were duplicated. I can't find out why. This does not happen with other DLNA servers (MinimServer, JRiver 8).

I reset Asset and tried again, but both control points (UPnPlay, BubbleUPnP) loaded the library and couldn't find any content.

What is going on?

How can I monitor Asset? Other servers provide icons for the Windows notification area that allow some control and tell whether the program is open, closed, scanning, ready, or crashed. Does Asset have anything like that that I have overlooked?

So far, a disappointing start -- a big surprise, given how wonderful dBpa is.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Monitoring Asset

You run Asset Configuration and it shows the status of Asset.

Normally duplicated tracks are either because people have FLAC and mp3 files of the same content.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mike48
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2012

Re: Monitoring Asset

Thanks.

A tray icon would be easier for checking status. Also useful would be a link from configuration program to documentation. The window text "Refer to the documentation..." could be a live link, or add "?" icon. Please consider these changes.

My mp3s are outside the directories to be searched by Asset. I am not sure why they appeared - maybe data left from a trial installation of Asset. I refreshed the complete database, and they went away.

Comment

Working...

]]>