title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How well does the Naim nStream app handle classical-oriented metadata tags?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: How well does the Naim nStream app handle classical-oriented metadata tags?

Originally posted by haggis999
    You are correct; Test Conversion is already installed.

To change the subject, and ask my last question of the evening, what naming convention have you found most useful for FLAC files and the folders they are stored in?

David
    Yours is likely to be different than mine (of my 10,000 CDs, I have < 50 classical). but for me, pretty simple:

non compilation CDs:
    e:\music\ARTIST (or ALBUM ARTIST if that value exists in tags)\ALBUM\track no - track title

compilation CDs
    e:\music\COMPILATIONS\ALBUM\track no - track title - track artist

e.g.,

noncomp:

e:\music\Bob Dylan\Highway 61 Revisited\01 - Like a Rolling Stone.flac

comp:

e:\music\Por Vida - A Tribute to Alejandro Escovedo\01 - Pyramid of Tears - Lucinda Williams.flac

I use this as my dynamic naming string (lower left side of ripping program, click on SET). This automatically deals with compilations, non compilations, multidisk, nonmultidisk, and whether there is an Album Artist on noncompilation albums (i.e., I might use Miles Davis as Album Artist to group all Miles Davis together, even if some are Miles Davis Quintet, some are Miles Davis Sextet, etc.).

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]

You can have different ripping profiles. So you could use above for pop/rock/jazz and something else for classical (where you may want folders based on composer, then performer rather than album/artist.

Comment

• haggis999
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2013

Thanks, that's useful to know. I will now leave you in peace!

David

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by haggis999
        Thanks, that's useful to know. I will now leave you in peace!

David
        No problem. I'm at peace. Home from the office, sipping on a Magic Hat Brewing (Vermont micro-brew) beer, and listening to Bela Fleck and Edgar Meyer, "Uncommon Ritual" CD while surfing the web catching up on the news of the day.....

Comment

Working...

]]>