title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to play tracks with Asset Control on Computer on which it installed

Unable to play tracks with Asset Control on Computer on which it installed

I have Asset UPnP and Asset Control installed on my Windows 8 computer. I can use a device which streams all the tracks and playlists but I all the tracks listed in Asset Control are marked out with not allowed symbol (red circle with diagonal lne through it). All the tacks are listed in the various categories but not available. I have restarted Asset UPnP several times that does not make a difference. I have also checked the paths to my music libraries and they are correct. While I can use Windows Media Player but I like the the way Asset Control is designed and would rather work with it. Any ideas.

Administrator

Re: Unable to play tracks with Asset Control on Computer on which it installed

It means that Asset control cannot find a compatible format with your player (renderer).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It means that Asset control cannot find a compatible format with your player (renderer).
    My tracks are all MP3s (Lame) and I have not excluded that (or any) format in the Asset UPnP edit screen. My phone and pad can both stream the tracks. The only player I have on my computer is Windows Media Player but that playa MP3s.

dBpoweramp Guru

Asset Control is a UPnP / DLNA control point. On it's own, it will not play tracks.

It needs a player to play tracks e.g. dBpoweramp Renaissance

So, in your scenario you could have:

UPnP Server as Asset UPnP
    UPnP Control Point as Asset Control
    UPnP Renderer as dBpoweramp Renaissance
    Last edited by mville; 03-18-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Asset Control is a UPnP / DLNA control point. On it's own, it will not play tracks.

It needs a player to play tracks e.g. dBpoweramp Renaissance

So, in your scenario you could have:

UPnP Server as Asset UPnP
    UPnP Control Point as Asset Control
    UPnP Renderer as dBpoweramp Renaissance
    I was unable to find dBpoweramp Renaissance on the illiustrate website - so I downloaded a version from one of the free download sites. Although the download showed that it finished (and that it was already installed when I tried to re-install it), it does not show as an installed program anywhere on Windows 8 system. What now?

Administrator

Details of how to run it are here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...mp-Renaissance