title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Automated Re-rip of inaccurate tracks?

Automated Re-rip of inaccurate tracks?

I see something in the secure section, but secure slows ripping down to a crawl.

Any way to have Batch Ripper re-rip an inaccurate track n number of times before giving up?

Arlo

Administrator

Re: Automated Re-rip of inaccurate tracks?

Rather than re-rip an inaccurate track, you should set options to re-rip inaccurate frames, there is no need to re-rip any other area of the disc if ripped correctly.

Where is that set?

dBpoweramp Guru

On profile page >> options >> secure settings >>

Lots of options

Gotcha... I know about these settings, they're the ones that significantly increase the time it takes to rip a CD.

I thought this was a simple setting to apply during a batch rip.

Administrator

Batch Ripper has full access to CD Rippers options via the Profile button.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mute Rose View Post
    Gotcha... I know about these settings, they're the ones that significantly increase the time it takes to rip a CD.
    That's because it actually takes so much time to re-rip individual frames. Wouldn't go quicker to re-rip the entire track.

When I did rip through my changer, I would set it to abort after only a few re-reads, and rather try my luck in another drive. It does not even have to be a "better" drive, just a different drive. And then I could leave it overnight there, rather than wearing the changer (which would be a much more expensive piece of equipment to replace).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Porcus View Post
    That's because it actually takes so much time to re-rip individual frames. Wouldn't go quicker to re-rip the entire track.

When I did rip through my changer, I would set it to abort after only a few re-reads, and rather try my luck in another drive. It does not even have to be a "better" drive, just a different drive. And then I could leave it overnight there, rather than wearing the changer (which would be a much more expensive piece of equipment to replace).
    Agreed: don't wear out the drive in your robot, AR. Configure the secure rip settings to abort after some reasonable amount of time, and set those CDs aside for ripping in another more disposable drive later.

B