title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Missing buttons

Missing buttons

After re-installing dBpoweramp, in CD Ripper the two buttons (Choose Art and Review Metadata) are missing.

How can I get them back?

Administrator

Re: Missing buttons

Your screen resolution might be too low to display them.

Nope, resolution is set to recommended, which is actually the highest possible setting. I even tried some lower settings.
    Note, there is plenty of blank space to the right side of the CD image for the buttons.

I also tried re-installing a second time-didn't work. Everything else seems fine, ripping works, cover art was found and displayed, etc.

Administrator

I think for those buttons you need 1280 across (not lower), if you have Large Fonts enabled then you will need an even higher resolution as the buttons are scaled in proportion to the font size setting.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I think for those buttons you need 1280 across (not lower), if you have Large Fonts enabled then you will need an even higher resolution as the buttons are scaled in proportion to the font size setting.
    Uh oh. When I turned 40, Large Fonts became a required feature.

B

You are right about fonts, although in WIN 7 there is no independent way to change without changing DPI. I had changed it to 125% because of eyestrain. It works with 100%, but text is WAY too small. I do have 1280 across however.

Smaller buttons, please! Lots of us can't use standard DPI setting on laptops especially

Administrator

By setting 125% Windows scales everything 125%, buttons & text...

One last thought, knowing this is an easily remedied problem, why not just fix it by shrinking that lower-center grey panel a bit?
    If this problem only happens to me, I'd say fugetaboutit, but you know that's not so.

thanks for responses