title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art Missing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Album Art Missing

Originally posted by Audioj
    Thanks Gary. I believe I have done these steps correctly via iTunes, and separately via dbpoweramp and still don't get good result. Doing what you suggested in iTunes I can indeed ad the art, and , one would think, be adding the set to the file... But to test it I then delete the iTunes listing, and the re add it again into iTunes and then see no art . Likewise, if I add the art using dbp and then add to,library, I see no art. Strange . Finally, I took a cd and re ripped it using dbpoweramp, and then add to iTunes, and I see the art no problem .

Anyway, I never had a problem with iTunes reading art when I ripped in dbp. All these issues arose when I stopped using dbp due to the BSOD CRASH, but I have downloaded the newest and no longer have that issue. For all these iTunes rips without art I may rip again anyway in dbp .
    odd. itunes should read and show any embedded art. Try this:
    1. install mp3tag from here:

2. right click on the column headings, choose CUSTOMIZE COLUMNS
    3. In popup, click NEW, and add a column heading with the name "Embedded Art" and the following string in the "value" field. (leave field and sort by blank).

$if(%_covers%,Yes,No)

Load up some of the troublesome files that you think have embedded artwork but are not showing art in itunes. Does mp3tag show the file as having embedded art (rather than artwork file saved within the album subdirectory, folder.jpg or cover.jpg).

And yes, mp3tag deals with FLAC, etc.

Comment

• timba
      • Feb 2007

Hi - If I have the images on my hard drive, I can assign more than one per mp3 - one for front cover, one for back and so on - this is great, but when I use "choose from internet" it always removes any existing artwork. So if I want more than one I have to go find the images, download them and add them manually - I'd greatly prefer to be able to simply choose more than one from the ones shown when I click "choose from internet" or "choose art". Has anyone found a way to do this?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The choose from internet is always a front cover, so it makes sense that it replaces what is there. If you want to add a 2nd art, you would do after choose from internet.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• timba
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          The choose from internet is always a front cover, so it makes sense that it replaces what is there. If you want to add a 2nd art, you would do after choose from internet.
          Thanks. The only thing is that now the image search has gotten so good that it often finds the back cover, leaflet pages and so on.

Comment

Working...

]]>