title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album Art Missing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badelman
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2013

Album Art Missing

Hello, if no album art appears (or no correct versions of album art) and I have the cover what should I do? I can scan it into my pc but how do I add it to DbPoweramp so it can do its thing?

Thx, Barry
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Album Art Missing

before ripping, in lower right corner, you can select your own album art instead of the art found by dbpa. Or after ripping, you can use ID TAG UPDATE to change the album art (or if using "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" just replace the file in the Album subdirectory with the jpg of your choice.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

There is a menu next to the art, from there you can select 'Acquire from Scanner' and scan direct into CD ripper.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• badelman
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2013

Thanks for the quick response garym.

1. Will I need to optimize the scan for the album art before selecting?
        2. Is ID TAG UPDATE a part of DbPowerAmp or is it a program i download.
        3. Will ID TAG UPDATE also insert th artwork into each FLAC or MP3 file?

Thx!!:smile2:

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by badelman
          Thanks for the quick response garym.

1. Will I need to optimize the scan for the album art before selecting?
          2. Is ID TAG UPDATE a part of DbPowerAmp or is it a program i download.
          3. Will ID TAG UPDATE also insert th artwork into each FLAC or MP3 file?

Thx!!:smile2:
          ID TAG UPDATE is a codec part of dbpa. install from Codec Central. Yes you can use ID TAG UPDATE to embed the art within each FLAC or mp3. Not sure about scanning. don't use. I use the search function to find good album art on the internet, etc.

Comment

• badelman
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Mar 2013

Spoon, that is crazy cool! If I've already ripped the album and gone on can I go back to that album folder and use ID TAG UPDATE and scan then?? garym..thx for your comments as well. Im learning!

ThX!

Comment

• badelman
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2013

So Spoon, if I've already ripped an audio CD and gone on to something else can I come back later and somehow browse to that album's folder and use ID TAG UPDATE to re-do the album art/update tags??

ThX!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Use Windows explorer, browse to the album folder, replace the folder .jpg, select all the music tracks, right click >> Edit ID Tag, click the remove button next to album art, then click add to load the new art into the files.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• badelman
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Mar 2013

Perfect! Thx!

Comment

• Audioj
                    • Mar 2013

I ripped 90% of my collection using db poweramp but I also have some albums I have ripped with iTunes .

1) when I rip with iTunes it does not ad the art at that time ...and I don't know why

2) to add art afterwards to files ripped with iTunes , I a) select all songs in the folder b) click add album art from Internet snd select a cover c) then click add album art and export to folder d) each song I right click on then shows the album art and there is a folder listed at the bottom just below the song list ..... BUT WHEN I ADD THE ALBUM TO ITUNES IT DOES NOT SHOW THE ALBUM ART (to be precise, when I add albums to iTunes I leave them in their home location on the external hard drive and do not copy them to the iTunes folder ). ...what can I do to get iTunes to show the art?

Thanks

Comment

• Audioj
                      • Mar 2013

Also, is the key thing that there be a separate folder ..because when you right click using db power on any given song it shows the album cover I have added, so I'm not sure why you even need a folder file. Anyway, I have both and yet the art does not show up in iTunes .

Comment

• garym
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Audioj
                        I ripped 90% of my collection using db poweramp but I also have some albums I have ripped with iTunes .

1) when I rip with iTunes it does not ad the art at that time ...and I don't know why

2) to add art afterwards to files ripped with iTunes , I a) select all songs in the folder b) click add album art from Internet snd select a cover c) then click add album art and export to folder d) each song I right click on then shows the album art and there is a folder listed at the bottom just below the song list ..... BUT WHEN I ADD THE ALBUM TO ITUNES IT DOES NOT SHOW THE ALBUM ART (to be precise, when I add albums to iTunes I leave them in their home location on the external hard drive and do not copy them to the iTunes folder ). ...what can I do to get iTunes to show the art?

Thanks
                        When ripping in itunes, itunes adds the art to a separate itunes database for art rather than embedding in the file itself or creating a "folder.jpg" or "cover.jpg" in the same directory as the album. One easy way to embed the art, is open the album files in itunes, go to file properties, right click on album art then "copy", then while album tracks are selected, hit paste to paste the art back in (this now creates an embedded artwork, that other programs will see). If you want to do a bulk version of this, you might want to find one of the programs on the web that does this automatically. Some cost a few $ and some are free.

edit: and itunes won't see the "folder.jpg" or "cover.jpg" in an album folder. It will see any embedded art you added with dbpa.

Comment

• Audioj
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by garym
                          When ripping in itunes, itunes adds the art to a separate itunes database for art rather than embedding in the file itself or creating a "folder.jpg" or "cover.jpg" in the same directory as the album. One easy way to embed the art, is open the album files in itunes, go to file properties, right click on album art then "copy", then while album tracks are selected, hit paste to paste the art back in (this now creates an embedded artwork, that other programs will see). If you want to do a bulk version of this, you might want to find one of the programs on the web that does this automatically. Some cost a few $ and some are free..

Sorry, but where is the file properties you refer to?...you seem to imply it is within iTunes ,,I'm sorry but I need step by step advice

Also, I explained in steps what I did to embed the album art using db poweramp . Are you saying I do something else or was there some flaw in those steps? ....because the Art is not being recognized by iTunes

Comment

• garym
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Audioj
                            Sorry, but where is the file properties you refer to?...you seem to imply it is within iTunes ,,I'm sorry but I need step by step advice

Also, I explained in steps what I did to embed the album art using db poweramp . Are you saying I do something else or was there some flaw in those steps? ....because the Art is not being recognized by iTunes
                            In itunes, select a track within an album, then right click, then select "get info", then you should see a popup. One of the tabs is "artwork", click on this, right click on the album cover, select copy, then right click again, select paste. Now the artwork that was in the separate itunes database will be actually embedded in the track file tag, and should be seen by most other players. To do multiple tracks within album, select all the tracks, right click, get info, then in the popup toward lower right you should see artwork.

In the past, I used a program called iCoverArt to automatically go through all my itunes files and take the itunes database artwork and embed it in my files. Available here ($5):
                            iCoverArt is an iTunes utility for Windows which will embed album cover art into song files in iTunes.

Regarding art added by dbpa that you are not seeing in itunes: I suspect this is because you are saving the art in dbpa as a file within the album subdirectory (as folder.jpg or cover.jpg). This works for many programs but not for itunes. For itunes, you need to also have this art embedded in your file.

When ripping, do this by ticking "album art" in options > id tags & metadata > options > scroll down to write ID tags options, then tick the "Album Art" box.

After ripping, do this by selecting all album tracks, right click, select "edit id tag", then on the popup there is a way to add album art. If you don't have "edit id tag" you may need to install it from "codec central". You can also use batch converter, select all the files of interest, click convert, convert to ID TAG UPDATE dsp, click on "manipulation" tab, select "import artwork from" and select however you originally saved the art in a file in your album subdirectory (folder.jpg or cover.jpg or ?). then you can also set maximum size too. I check "force embedded art to jpg" as well.
                            Last edited by garym; 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Audioj
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by garym
                              In itunes, select a track within an album, then right click, then select "get info", then you should see a popup. One of the tabs is "artwork", click on this, right click on the album cover, select copy, then right click again, select paste. Now the artwork that was in the separate itunes database will be actually embedded in the track file tag, and should be seen by most other players. To do multiple tracks within album, select all the tracks, right click, get info, then in the popup toward lower right you should see artwork.

In the past, I used a program called iCoverArt to automatically go through all my itunes files and take the itunes database artwork and embed it in my files. Available here ($5):
                              iCoverArt is an iTunes utility for Windows which will embed album cover art into song files in iTunes.

Regarding art added by dbpa that you are not seeing in itunes: I suspect this is because you are saving the art in dbpa as a file within the album subdirectory (as folder.jpg or cover.jpg). This works for many programs but not for itunes. For itunes, you need to also have this art embedded in your file.

When ripping, do this by ticking "album art" in options > id tags & metadata > options > scroll down to write ID tags options, then tick the "Album Art" box.

After ripping, do this by selecting all album tracks, right click, select "edit id tag", then on the popup there is a way to add album art. If you don't have "edit id tag" you may need to install it from "codec central". You can also use batch converter, select all the files of interest, click convert, convert to ID TAG UPDATE dsp, click on "manipulation" tab, select "import artwork from" and select however you originally saved the art in a file in your album subdirectory (folder.jpg or cover.jpg or ?). then you can also set maximum size too. I check "force embedded art to jpg" as well.
                              Thanks Gary. I believe I have done these steps correctly via iTunes, and separately via dbpoweramp and still don't get good result. Doing what you suggested in iTunes I can indeed ad the art, and , one would think, be adding the set to the file... But to test it I then delete the iTunes listing, and the re add it again into iTunes and then see no art . Likewise, if I add the art using dbp and then add to,library, I see no art. Strange . Finally, I took a cd and re ripped it using dbpoweramp, and then add to iTunes, and I see the art no problem .

Anyway, I never had a problem with iTunes reading art when I ripped in dbp. All these issues arose when I stopped using dbp due to the BSOD CRASH, but I have downloaded the newest and no longer have that issue. For all these iTunes rips without art I may rip again anyway in dbp .

Comment

Working...

]]>