title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Ripper suggestions

dBpoweramp Guru

Batch Ripper suggestions

Spoon,

1. Change the shortcut for "Batch Ripper - Configuration" to "dBpoweramp Batch Ripper - Configuration", to keep with the naming standard of all the other components.

2. It'd be nice in the robot config to have an "all" field that is applied to all five actions (pre-batch, load, unload, reject, post-batch, all). Because I get annoyed copy pasting com port settings five times for each drive. :P

3. In the successful rips section of the interface (bottom left quadrant) include the drive letter the CD was ripped on, just like you do on the failed rips/loads on the bottom right quadrant. This is helpful for looking for odd patterns of behaviors when testing robots in parallel.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Re: Batch Ripper suggestions

Having used Batch Ripper for a few days now, here's my 2¢ about needed features:

1) Post Rip, allow for editing of metadata in the results section in the bottom. (I've had a few CDs with incorrect metadata)

2) In the results section, have the rip info show the accuraterip info so I don't need to comb the logs to find the tracks. (Perhaps I have a lot of dirty CDs, but this is BY FAR the most time consuming piece of this project).

3) In the main rip app, (I know, this goes in a different thread) allow me to auto-replace a track (from redoing to get an accurate rip) without having duplicates, or needing to delete the original by hand.

4) Allow for in-app scripting. It's great that I can do some stuff at he driver level (thanks Brendan!), but in-app would be a lot easier.

5) Don't have all these things be separate apps. I've spent 24 years being a product and design guy... As useful as this software is, setup is far too complex.

6) Support Windows' new High DPI settings. I'm running this off a Surface Pro tablet (for now) and it looks awful when scaled, and layout messes up when it's not.

Cheers,
    Arlo