title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

aac nero scripting parameter definitions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aamitabh
    • Sep 2010

aac nero scripting parameter definitions

Hello all,
    I am writing a script that needs to pass type VBR and quality 0.65 for converting to the aac format. what parameter options should I use. I cannot find any documentation for this encoder.

Here is an example of the parameter I use to convert file to mp3:

'mp3 (Lame)' -silent -V 2 -channels='joint stereo' -encoding='SLOW'

What I need is something like this:

'm4a Nero (AAC)' -silent -target='Quality (VBR)' -quality='.65'

But these options do not look correct to me and of course are not working.

Thanks and Cheers. Amitabh
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: aac nero scripting parameter definitions

See:

Certain Codecs (WMA, and compressed Wave) are difficult to setup as the settings are not guessable. Using CD Ripper it is possible to set the compression settings and read them back from the registry. Open CD Ripper, set the profile to default, set the encoder and settings as desired. Close CD Ripper then open regedit:
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aamitabh
      • Sep 2010

Thanks Spoon, but how do I pass the dspeffects as well. While encoding to a given format I also wanted to map some tags in src wma file to different tags in target apple file.
      Here is what I wanted to achieve:

"m4a Nero (AAC)" -silent -cli_cmd="-q .65 -ignorelength -if - -of {qt}[outfile]{qt}" -selection="0,7,0" -dspeffect1="ID Tag Processing=-case={qt}0{qt} -exportart={qt}(none){qt} -importart={qt}(none){qt} -maxart={qt}(any){qt} -map0={qt}mood=description{qt} -map1={qt}WM/ContentGroupDescription=style{qt} -map2={qt}wm/language=category{qt}"

Cheers. -Amitabh

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You should be able to grab from the registry the DSP effect settings as well if you set them in CD Ripper then close CD Ripper.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>