title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: batch conversion / sync

batch conversion / sync

I have a qnap nas holding my lossless flac files at home

In the car I have an mp3 player which the car recognises thru usb - but this will recognise only mp3 and not flac

I used your batch convertor (thank you) to do a bulk conversion, but since then have continued to add flac files to the NAS - so I now have multiple albums on the NAS and not on the mp3 player

is there a simple way to keep these in sync please ? i.e. to convert only new files from the flac originals

many thanks

Paul

Administrator

Re: batch conversion / sync

Select all FLAC >> convert to (same location as before) and when overwrite page shows select 'no to all'

Only the new tracks are converted.

dBpoweramp Guru

Easy: When you use batch convert to convert the Flac files to mp3, just select the entire FLAC library, select convert, but then you'll get a popup that says that "files already exists, overwrite?" and you select "no" and then it will only convert the new flac files.

edit: Wow, Spoon was fast!

many thanks gentlemen - it's still creating a few duplicates because I think the original (flac) naming convention isn't very uniform

still, at least I know what I'm supposed to be doing now

thanks again

Paul