title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: dBpoweramp R15 BETA Discussions

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp R15 BETA Discussions

Sadly not, I write down to implement...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Probably waaay to late to propose this but wouldn't it be great if the ripper started ripping immediately *while* you are reviewing the metadata entering individual years for songs on collection albums etc.
    Then all the renaming and tagging would occur at the end when you press ok to accept all the edits. I am very particular and usually it takes me up to twenty minutes to enter all the artists composers and years for each individual track. Streamlining the process by starting ripping long before my metadata edits are finished would reduce total ripping time by 33% or so

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I would like to second this suggestion. Even if all the metadata is available and correct, it takes me maybe 30 seconds to check it, time when the CD could already be being read. And for those too frequent cases where metadata is not available [new releases, usually] or needs to be massaged, the whole CD could have long since been read in, and then applying the rip to the cached bits would only take a few 10's of seconds. Each track could be processed in parallel using multiple cores for real speed.

Mike

I would really like better automation support, for example Powershell or/and a more userfrendly programming model for automation through .NET.

K1

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smisk View Post
    Probably waaay to late to propose this but wouldn't it be great if the ripper started ripping immediately *while* you are reviewing the metadata entering individual years for songs on collection albums etc.
    Then all the renaming and tagging would occur at the end when you press ok to accept all the edits. I am very particular and usually it takes me up to twenty minutes to enter all the artists composers and years for each individual track. Streamlining the process by starting ripping long before my metadata edits are finished would reduce total ripping time by 33% or so
    Dynamic naming and folders make this challenging.

However, this could easily be achieved by ripping to a temp directory first. This would also allow for easy sorting of rips into good and bad rip directories at the end of a rip (if a track is bad either the track or the whole disc is moved to the bad directory), something I have been requesting for YEARS.

dBpoweramp Guru

Spoon, I know you consider dBpoweramp to be pretty mature, however, I am disappointed with the lack of new features in R15 (since the latest is a possible "RC"). There are a lot of areas in which this very good program can be much better.

Top 2 requests for me at this time would be:

1. CueTools Database integrated verify and repair
    2. Discogs as a meta-data source

Administrator

R15 is not a huge feature update, it is though a massive code update and we have been working hard for half of the year just doing the 64 bit transition...and we are only half way (as far as codecs are concerned).

dBpoweramp Guru

I don't mean to belittle the hard work you are doing under the hood. Just hoping for something new and shiny on the outside too.

Administrator

R15 is mainly about moving to 64 bit and remaining stable. It would not be a great idea to make such a sizable move (code wise) and introduce big changes.

R16 will introduce some planned bigger changes, more perhaps on the converter, dBpoweramp is actually used more for the converter than the CD Ripper.

Hello Spoon,

I am wishing to report a possible bug in the latest beta version:

When attempting to remove album art from multiple FLAC files at the same time, the application readily crashes upon applying the changes and reports the following:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: GetPopupInfo.exe
    Application Version: 15.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 52ab84ce
    Fault Module Name: FLAC.dll
    Fault Module Version: 15.0.0.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 52ab9f42
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000000000001b826
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Information 1: 9a50
    Additional Information 2: 9a509ecbd097ff0baeb0c77183d26cb3
    Additional Information 3: b816
    Additional Information 4: b8163b52e6bddfd29eb29f444b8b7d03

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    This issue does not occur if the album art is removed from each file individually. The above error may or may not appear and if it does appear, it may appear multiple times. Despite the error, the changes appear to apply successfully and there does not appear to be any corruption of the files.

To reproduce this issue:
    1) Navigate to a folder with multiple FLAC files with album art.
    2) Select multiple FLAC files.
    3) Right click on one of the selected FLAC files and right click 'Edit ID-Tag'.
    4) Click '[ Remove ]' next to the artwork.
    5) Click 'OK'.

I have performed diagnostics on my computer to determine if there are any issues with my computer that may causing or contributing to this issue - no issues detected. Obviously this does not rule out the possibility of issues with my computer, however I am not experiencing any issues with my computer at the moment other than this.

This issue appears to affect the latest beta version as I did not encounter this issue with any of the previous beta versions.

Kind regards,

Jason.

Administrator

Does it crash with just 2 files selected?

Hello Spoon,

To answer your question: No.

Something I should have probably mentioned is that, not wanting to remove the album art from each file individually, I was removing the album art from a maximum of 10 files at a time and did not experience the crashing. It appears that I always experience the crashing if album art is removed from 50-60 or more files at a time.

Hope this helps :-)

Kind regards,

Jason.

Administrator

60 files of the same album?

Issue -
    Ok installed R15 and every time I try to rip a CD it tells me it cannot rip due to the fact it cannot open the multi-encoder and now saying WMA encoder. Is the multi-encoder not compatible. Tried re-installing the multi-encoder. No worky. Advice here?

Setup -
    I am running the 64-bit client.
    Windows 7 - 64
    Plenty of RAM 16GB
    Also have paid for and registered Perfect Tunes.

Troubleshooting Steps
    1. Problem Update - Ok uninstalled the encoder for WMA Pro. I can rip to flac but not WMA10. :( Please help :(
    2. Problem Update2 - Ok so I tried to rip to WMA instead of using multi-encoder but not able to rip to WMA at all anymore :( (Is there an updated codec)
    3. I have tried uninstalling and re installing the WMA codec. No dice :(

Error Sample Below:
    Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 1' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\01 Sarah McLachlan - River.IGNORE'
    Windows Media Audio 10: Error: Unable to load encoder 'Windows Media Audio 10'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 2' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\02 Tony Bennett - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.IGNORE'
    Windows Media Audio 10: Error: Unable to load encoder 'Windows Media Audio 10'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 3' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\03 Diana Krall - Sleigh Ride.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 4' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\04 Elvis Presley - Here Comes Santa Claus.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 5' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\05 Pink Martini - Little Drummer Boy.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 6' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\06 Nat King Cole - L-O-V-E.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 7' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\07 Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 8' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\08 Dean Martin - The Christmas Blue.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 9' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\09 Ella Fitzgerald - Rudolph The Red-Nose Reindeer.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 10' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\10 Frank Sinatra - The Christmas Song.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 11' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\11 Aimee Mann - I'll Be Home For Christmas.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 12' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\12 Sonya Kitchell - White Christmas.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 13' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\13 Lou Rawls - Christmas Is.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 14' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\14 Billie Holiday - I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm.IGNORE'

Error ripping to [Multi Encoder], 'Track 15' to 'D:\Flac Music\DBFLAC\Various Artists\Starbucks; Santa Baby\15 Peggy Lee - I'll Be Seeing You.IGNORE'
    Last edited by Shenook; 12-29-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    60 files of the same album?
    Yes - albeit multiple discs and each disc with different album art.

Cheers,

Jason.