title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper in Parallels - strange behavior

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • battleship
    • Sep 2012

CD Ripper in Parallels - strange behavior

Hello,

I recently installed CD Ripper in Parallels running XP SP3 and while it works fine, I am now getting a strange effect. The "refresh" button on the top is getting a "phantom click" and I cant really access any menu items when it keeps getting "clicked".

Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper in Parallels - strange behavior

You have followed:

By default parallels creates a virtual CD drive which dBpoweramp cannot use, dBpoweramp needs direct access to the drive. "In Parallels, go to devices, find the name of your CD Drive and select it. Parallels likes to use a virtual drive as the default CD drive. Clicking on Real Cd should also work. My external drive is
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• battleship
      • Sep 2012

Hey Spoon,

Thanks for a quick reply. Yeah I followed that. Parallels recognizes the drive and I've burned a couple discs already. When I put a CD in the drive it stops, it's just when I launch CD Ripper with no CD, the refresh button keeps "clicking" with no input from me whatsoever. It's strange. Latest Parallels version also BTW.

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
        Has the parallels compatibility been tested against the recent change in Eject/Insert notifications using the ATAPI 4A "GET EVENT STATUS NOTIFICATION"? It could be a drive specific issue, but potentially a driver/paravirtual device filtering issue as well.

Brendan

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Yes I think there is an incompatibility between Parallels and this call (which is used to detect if a CD is loaded in to the drive).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Maccaa
            • Jun 2013

battleship, did you ever find a work around for this issue? I have the same problem, the program works beautifully, have ripped about 900 cd's but this "pulsing" wont let me get into "add DSP/Action for example.

Cheers

Maccaa

Comment

Working...

]]>