title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper in Parallels - strange behavior

CD Ripper in Parallels - strange behavior

Hello,

I recently installed CD Ripper in Parallels running XP SP3 and while it works fine, I am now getting a strange effect. The "refresh" button on the top is getting a "phantom click" and I cant really access any menu items when it keeps getting "clicked".

Any ideas?

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper in Parallels - strange behavior

Hey Spoon,

Thanks for a quick reply. Yeah I followed that. Parallels recognizes the drive and I've burned a couple discs already. When I put a CD in the drive it stops, it's just when I launch CD Ripper with no CD, the refresh button keeps "clicking" with no input from me whatsoever. It's strange. Latest Parallels version also BTW.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Has the parallels compatibility been tested against the recent change in Eject/Insert notifications using the ATAPI 4A "GET EVENT STATUS NOTIFICATION"? It could be a drive specific issue, but potentially a driver/paravirtual device filtering issue as well.

Brendan

Administrator

Yes I think there is an incompatibility between Parallels and this call (which is used to detect if a CD is loaded in to the drive).

battleship, did you ever find a work around for this issue? I have the same problem, the program works beautifully, have ripped about 900 cd's but this "pulsing" wont let me get into "add DSP/Action for example.

Cheers

Maccaa