title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multiple Libraries

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gijs52
    • Jul 2012

Re: Multiple Libraries

Second update.

If Asset runs on a Windows7 laptop and the music is stored on a server, the solution of mville still works.
    For Asset and music on a whs2011 server I can't get it to work.
    I guess it's due to how Asset and WHS2011 interact.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

You are perhaps editing the wrong configuration files...

They should be here in WHS 2011:

C:\Windows\SysWow64\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gijs52
        • Jul 2012

Thanks!!!
        This last tip solved the issue and it now runs on the server too.

Comment

• db7
          • Sep 2010

Hi All,

I've just implemented this tag approach to enable different libraries. Is there a way of exporting / saving the settings (tree from 'root' down) so that if I have to re-install or want to re-create the set up on another machine I can load it up again without going through the directory setting up again?

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by db7
            I've just implemented this tag approach to enable different libraries. Is there a way of exporting / saving the settings (tree from 'root' down) so that if I have to re-install or want to re-create the set up on another machine I can load it up again without going through the directory setting up again?
            If you are using Asset UPnP for Windows, you can copy the uMediaLibrary folder, which contains the AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev5.txt file and most of the other Asset UPnP configuration files.

The location of this folder varies however, depending on your Windows OS and the Asset Running Mode (Local Account or Service).

On my Windows 8.1 64-bit PC running Asset as Local Account, the folder is found here:
            %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLib rary

... and ignore the space above between uMediaLib and rary, which has been inserted by the forum website
            Last edited by mville; 03-15-2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• db7
              • Sep 2010

Thanks. That sounds simple enough.

I'm on Win7 (soon to be Win10) so it's the same place - this is where I changed the MediaDatabaseFieldsv4.txt file mentioned earlier in the thread.

In fact, these txt files being essentially settings files is great as it's actually quicker and easier to copy the 'Advanced Search' entries that I've not yet moved to under 'Library' inside of AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev5.txt using Notepad++ rather than in the Asset Configuration GUI - I take it I won't mess anything up doing it this way?

Is there anything anywhere that tells me what all these files do / how to manipulate them? For instance, I changed the MediaDatabaseFieldsv4.txt file as directed earlier in the thread, but I also have a MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt. I changed 'v5' as well at the same time as I assumed this replaced the earlier version.. but if so why are there different versions generated? Just to log the changes?

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by db7
                In fact, these txt files being essentially settings files is great as it's actually quicker and easier to copy the 'Advanced Search' entries that I've not yet moved to under 'Library' inside of AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTreev5.txt using Notepad++ rather than in the Asset Configuration GUI - I take it I won't mess anything up doing it this way?

Is there anything anywhere that tells me what all these files do / how to manipulate them? For instance, I changed the MediaDatabaseFieldsv4.txt file as directed earlier in the thread, but I also have a MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt. I changed 'v5' as well at the same time as I assumed this replaced the earlier version.. but if so why are there different versions generated? Just to log the changes?
                It won't mess anything, unless you edit the files incorrectly. Without totally knowing the format of these configuration files, this is a possibility, so editing them in Notepad is at your own risk. Having said that, I tend to edit the files directly in Notepad too.

Originally posted by db7
                Is there anything anywhere that tells me what all these files do / how to manipulate them? For instance, I changed the MediaDatabaseFieldsv4.txt file as directed earlier in the thread, but I also have a MediaDatabaseFieldsv5.txt.
                I don't think there is any documentation, but the file names are named logically and overtime I think I have a good idea what they do. For files that I am unclear on, I do not touch.

Originally posted by db7
                I changed 'v5' as well at the same time as I assumed this replaced the earlier version.. but if so why are there different versions generated? Just to log the changes?
                I don't know.

Comment

Working...

]]>