title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Upstream art

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Upstream art

I checked all the pertinent posts but I still have a few album artists where I get no upstream art. It seems mostly with album artist being just one but artist is populated with different entries.
    Could you give me some pointers as to where I might go wrong?

Thank you..

Administrator

Re: Upstream art

artist has no bearing on album artist and upstream art. Also if you have multiple album artists, only the primary is used for upstream art.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

So I guess it should all work but does not.
    Not a big problem but eg Bob Marley & The wailers gives no upstream art but all the albums show up fine with art. I renamed it to Bob Marley as album artist but no dice that way either, another one is Tom Petty & the heart breakers as well as Nick cave & the bad seeds... See a pattern?
    Whenever the artist ! contains "&" there is no upstream art.

Looks like a bug to me.

PS: I'm convinced I have some grasp of tagging as none of the other 2500 or something albums have any problems with upstream art. Been using Asset since 2009!
    Last edited by audiokaas; 03-04-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Administrator

Using R4.1? I am sure this bug was fixed....

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Yes, it says 4.1 premium on the controlpoint and when opening Asset.
    I'm riunning as a windows service (Server 2008R2) and I have done a rebuild and restart.
    Is there something else I can do as it is fixed, probably something was leftover?

Maybe it is the fact that it is not the album artist, but the artist that gives the problem. Compilation or contributing artists equally lead to no upstream art.
    Last edited by audiokaas; 03-05-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Administrator

>Compilation or contributing artists equally lead to no upstream art.

Compilation or contributing artists will not give upstream.

I will mark as a possible bug to look at for R4.2

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

What I meant was that if I set album artist to "Bob Marley" and there is a album with artist "Bob Marley" on some tracks and "Bob Marley & the wailers" as artist on the other tracks I do not get upstream art for the Album Artis "Bob Marley"
    If I remove the artist "Bob Marley & The wailers" or replace it with "Bob Marley and the wailers" I do get upstream art for the Alnum Artist "Bob Marley"