title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Order of songs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Order of songs

I wish to burn a CD with the songs in the same order as on the original CD.

It seems that the "CD Writer" by default sort the songs by their name rather than by their track number.

How can this be fixed?

If the sorting has to be done manually it is most irritating.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

How are you going about this? using Audio CD Input straight to CD Writer? or have you ripped to a format (mp3, lossless, etc) on the hard disk first?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• phm

Re: Order of songs

i have the same problem here...

example:

i have an album with filenames like "#n - artist - title" where #n is the tracknumber. if i select all files from this dir an convert to ausdio cd, the program somehow shuffles the tracks, and there is no other way than sorting them manually...a "sort by filename" function would be a very nice feature...

ps.: i realized that the system the files are shuffled is like taking a block of tracks from the beginning and appending it to the end...on a cd with 10 track thé order is something like: 5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4...does anybody know how this is determined? (i had the files being in this order quit often...)

Comment

• zevele1
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by phm
        i have the same problem here...

example:

i have an album with filenames like "#n - artist - title" where #n is the tracknumber. if i select all files from this dir an convert to ausdio cd, the program somehow shuffles the tracks, and there is no other way than sorting them manually...a "sort by filename" function would be a very nice feature...

ps.: i realized that the system the files are shuffled is like taking a block of tracks from the beginning and appending it to the end...on a cd with 10 track thé order is something like: 5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4...does anybody know how this is determined? (i had the files being in this order quit often...)

It is the way Windows works ,a,b,c,d ect ect

I think that someone like Spoon can built a feature in his CD writer program to change it.

Well...I'am not sure about it....

If you want to burn a cd as you want ,you need to put song number in the song name tag ==1satisfaction....and yes there is nothing to be satisfed by this re-tag task.......

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

>...on a cd with 10 track thé order is something like: 5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4...does

You selected the files from Explorer? and right click >> Convert To >> Audio CD?

If so I wonder if they are in the order dMC converted them (click on Rename Files on dMC option Page to see that order).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Phuturephantasy

The ONLY program I have found that will write MP3 cd's in the same order as your playlist is MP3 BR IMAGER - Great program - Just import your playlist and write as an image then burn it - No messing about renaming hundreds of files with numbers in front of them - a REAL pain when you want to insert a couple of newly added couple of tracks.

I was hoping that the dbpower audio cd writer would have the same sort of features but alas no.

The Music Convertor is the Dogs Dangly Bits though - top Stuff -
            and It's FREE - Unbelievable !!

Thanks for that one Guys.

Comment

• zevele1
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Phuturephantasy
              The ONLY program I have found that will write MP3 cd's in the same order as your playlist is MP3 BR IMAGER - Great program - Just import your playlist and write as an image then burn it - No messing about renaming hundreds of files with numbers in front of them - a REAL pain when you want to insert a couple of newly added couple of tracks.

I was hoping that the dbpower audio cd writer would have the same sort of features but alas no.

The Music Convertor is the Dogs Dangly Bits though - top Stuff -
              and It's FREE - Unbelievable !!

Thanks for that one Guys.
              FREE???????????????
              All the links found in Google show that it cost $25.

You can make mp3cds that ONLY the computer will play in the order you put songs using MusicMatch
              Last edited by zevele1; 12-18-2003, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• phuturephantasy

I was referring to the dbpoweramp Music Convertor when I said it's free.

Sorry if my post wasn't clear enough, I'm afraid you do have to pay for MP3 BR Imager but as yet I still have not found any other program which does what it does.

I hope the Guys on here add such a feature to the dbpoweramp CD Writer.

Comment

• zevele1
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by phuturephantasy
                  I was referring to the dbpoweramp Music Convertor when I said it's free.

Sorry if my post wasn't clear enough, I'm afraid you do have to pay for MP3 BR Imager but as yet I still have not found any other program which does what it does.

I hope the Guys on here add such a feature to the dbpoweramp CD Writer.
                  Things a clear now.
                  If you burn full albums on mp3cd ,you can just put a number in the album name folder. Like it ,you can burn the albums in the order you like.
                  I mean the Explorer yellow foder.
                  Of cause you have to fill you burning project with folders ,not tracks as with a playlist.

I feel cold feet to put $30 on the MP3BR imager.But ,in another hand it makes what i'am looking for since years

Comment

• bobclevenger
                    • Jan 2004

Hi, New here. I've been having the same problem. Even when I set the track naming option to "[artist]\[year]\[album]\[track number xx] [track]" my mp3 files on my resulting mp3 CD are not named correctly. The track numbers on the mp3 tags correspond correctly to the track numbers on the original album, but the file name for track 8 (Crazy Man Michael) comes out something like "Fairport Convention\1969\Liege & Lief\02 Crazy Man Michael" which corresponds to the alphabetical position of the title within the subdirectory, not to the track number in the tag.

Is there a fix for this in the offing?

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by bobclevenger
                      Is there a fix for this in the offing?
                      There is - it will be about 1-2 weeks until I can release the next CD writer beta.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>