title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot connect to freedb

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spiderbeavis

Cannot connect to freedb

Hello...when I try to retrieve cd data from the freedb database, I get the following error message: "Could not connect to freedb database, please check your internet connection." I have cable internet and it's running fine. Any ideas?
  • Joseph
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2002

Try getting the latest beta (R10 Beta 8). It might fix this bug.

It fixes the following FreeDB releated bugs:

CD Input - Freedb Server page access on freedb drop down menuPower Pack - On dMC Overwrite page, now a 'No to All',

CD Input freedb - if connection does not work, 2 known good ones are tried

CD Input freedb - works with an IP number

Bug Fix: CD Input - Smart Freedb Formatting, for compilations such as 'Madonna / oh father' the oh was not being

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Check if internet explorer is using a proxy server - tools >> options >> connections I think.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spiderbeavis

Re: Cannot connect to freedb

Hi, sorry to take so long to get back to you...I downloaded and installed the new beta program. The problem is still not corrected. There is no proxy server being used in the IE connection options. I disabled my firewall program also, that didn't help.
        I do have a 4-port router connected to the system. I tried inputting the IP for the router in the proxy settings of the program in case it was having trouble getting through that...no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the help so far!

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

see if this thread helps? http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=1700

Comment

• celestevt
            • Apr 2006

When I put a CD in the drive and try to convert, the program does not read the CD. Instead I get a web address for a file that I downloaded a couple of weeks ago. This file has been deleted from the computer. I unistalled and reinstalled the program, but I still have the same problem. Help!

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Is that an audio CD? And are you using dMC AUdio CD Input to rip it?

If it's a data cd that contains files like mp3's or wma's or other types you cannot use that program, but only dMC by itself.

Comment

• duxdad
                • Dec 2004

I have had this problem for some time, tried every suggestion posted here, all to no avail. I have also tried several programs that also connect to Frredb with no problem.
                In my opinion, until Spoon puts some time chasing this problem it will continue to plague users.
                I have been very frustrated with this problem!
                Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

We are switching meta data supplier to AMG - far superior (with no disc collisions, data maintained and entered by a professional entity, extended items such as album art), freedb is being rewritten as a backup system - you are welcome to test it the in a few months when R12 beta appears with CD Ripper.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• duxdad
                    • Dec 2004

Spoon, looking forward to testing the next beta !
                    Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>