title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Sonata metadata issues and GD3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sonata metadata issues and GD3

I have started ripping my classical CD's and have noticed some quality issues with Sontata data.

I am only about 20 CDs in but in that time I have noticed:
    One CD where the main artists name was incorrectly spelled (Kirschalger instead of Kirchschlager) all the other sources had it correctly
    One double CD (Chants d'Auvergne) where Sonata matched only one CD and GD3 got the other. The trouble was that Sontata matched only the single CD edition whereas GD3 matched the other CD to the double CD edition which I had to correct by hand. Furthermore Sonata had replaced all the accented characters in the track titles, of which there were a lot, by spaces making its data pretty much unusable.

I would really like to see GD3 and Sonata as separate data matches so one can chose the most appropriate

thanks

Re: Sonata metadata issues and GD3

I am still seeing issues with GD3 data and would like ideally like to see all matches on GD3/Sonata so I can chose the best.....

Administrator

The system is not able to supply them separately, as they both come from GD3.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The system is not able to supply them separately, as they both come from GD3.
    Thanks - I understand this. I also understand that GD3 will provides multiple matches if it finds them and I would very much like to see a full list of matches from DBpoweramp for each source rather than just one. I appreciate this would require a rework of the perfect meta interface but in my opinion it would make for a much better solution.