title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unable to get Asset UPnP to restart properly

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Unable to get Asset UPnP to restart properly

Well this has turned into quite a journey. After several attempts at targeting the C drive on my local computer, I realized that I was targeting the C drive on my server. I redirected the path to my local computer and the program asked for a password (I don't have a password set up on my local computer). I tried the network password but it didn't like that, so I opted to again direct the path to the D drive on the server, using D\serverfolders\music\wav as my target. This time I selected "detect changes" rather than rescan and lo and behold....the program started counting tracks!! Within 30 minutes it had counted all 18614 tracks and began counting albums and is now combining artists. I have to admit, I have no idea what happened or is happening, but it seems to be able to work and somehow relates to configuration of target paths or some other feature within Asset UPnP. So at long last, there may be some progress. More to follow if problems continues. Thanks for your continual support and assistance.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon: Well the plot thickens. Asset uPnP seems to be stable on the server, but I am unable to see it on my iPAD or the front of my streamer. When I select uPnP input via Naim's N-Stream application (or directly via the front panel of the streamer), &*8220;Asset uPnP: Server Name&*8221; has disappeared from the list of available uPnP inputs. Every time this happens, I check on the server and the Asset uPnP program seems OK -- indicating the same number of tracks and albums. In hopes of resolving the problem, I will restart Asset uPnP. After doing this, the &*8220;Asset uPnP: Server Name&*8221; input will briefly appear under uPnP inputs. When I then select the input, I get a message that says &*8220;Loading&*8221;. After a minute the page will spin on its vertical axis and go back to the lists of available inputs, but I never get the list of configurations, i.e. &*8220;Artist/Album&*8221;, &*8220;Artists&*8221;, &*8220;Genre&*8221;, etc. After a while, the &*8220;Asset uPnP: Server Name&*8221; will completely disappear from the list of available inputs. I would note that our other computers on the network do appear on the list of uPnP inputs, but no longer "Asset uPnP:Server Name". Can you help? Thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Obviously the forum doesn't like quotation marks &*8220 represents a quotation mark; sorry.

dBpoweramp Guru

It is possible your security software is blocking asset from accessing the network

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon:

Although I didn't set up the server, I have been able to access the music smoothly with the streamer in the past and have not added any security software to the server since it was setup. I have checked the program list on the server and do not see any special security software with which I am familiar.

dBpoweramp Guru

Perhaps ask the people who set it up to have a look at it.

Question Re: Unable to get Asset UPnP to restart properly

Hi,

It is almost the same for me : my streamer is a Naim Uniti (up to date) and everything works perfectly well until I upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1
    Since R4.1 (Premium Registered) my Naim Uniti show the "Asset UPNP" entry in the UPNP server list (that contain only another one : a synology NAS) during a small set of seconds and then the entry is "removed"... if I restart the whole server (WHS based on Windows Server 2003 and keept up to date, running no security software), a few second after the start, the entry "Asset UPNP" come again ... for a small set of seconds.

It seems that there is something "non standard" in the UPnP (XML ?) flows from Asset v4.1 that the Naim Uniti doesn't accept.
    I've tried Vortexbox (in a virtual VMWare machine) & it works without problem too. I just got this "bug" with Asset 4.1.

I've tried to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot and the result is the same.

Hope this help you to identify a possible bug.

Administrator

Try Asset Control (from the beta section of this forum), see if it can browse Asset on the Server.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon: I finally spoke to the people who set up the server and I think I have an answer. The server in question is a WD DX4000 Sentinel which uses Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 as its operating system. The folks who provided the server indicated that Asset uPnP needs to be enabled as an add-in. When I did the install, it only appeared on the program list (in Programs x86) but not as an add-in. Do I need to run the .msi program from within a particular folder? Is there some other action I need to take? I'd sure appreciate any suggestions you might help to help me with this.

Thanks

Aaron

Administrator

This will make no difference, the add-in only adds a configuration page in WHS console.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks, Spoon. Is there anything else special I need to do during the install?

Administrator

No, any version of Asset installs the right components to run asset in one form or the other.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks. Is the default install location (Programs x86) correct?

Administrator

yes

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Spoon: I have reinstalled Asset uPnP and got it to rescan the library successfully. On the configuration page, the program now says 1534 albums and 18634 tracks. I then went to the Naim Streamer and Asset uPnP:ServerName again appears as a uPnP input. When I select this particular input, I get a message stating PLEASE WAIT (on the iPAD under N-stream application it says INITIALIZING PLEASE WAIT) and then after a minute or so, the streamer menu, or the n-stream application menu, goes back to the previous message. After a while Asset uPnP:ServerName again disappears from the list of available uPnP inputs.

In one of your earlier messages, you mentioned something about the add-in creating a configuration page in WHS console (my server uses Windows Storage Server 2008 R2). Could this configuration page be needed to interface with the streamer or the iPAD application? Alternatively, you mentioned something about Asset Control (beta). Might this application be helpful?

Thanks for your help and patience.