title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to get Asset UPnP to restart properly

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ASF
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2012

Unable to get Asset UPnP to restart properly

Spoon et.al.:

Several days ago, after adding several new albums to my NAS server(WD Sentinel), I noted that asset UPnP was no longer showing on my iPad which uses N-Stream to interface with my Naim streamer. I have logged on to the server and tried to restart UPnp several times, selected detect changes, and even tried rescanning library (which is rather large 18500 tracks in 1580 albums or so; approx 1TB of music). Despite this, for the last two days Asset UPnP continues to display "Scanning library...counting audio tracks". As such, I am unable to access my music via the streamer. I would note that using my remote connection, I can enter the music folders directly and play the music via my computer without problems, including the various new albums. Is this normal behavior? Should it take over two days to rescan the library? If not, how should I proceed to get back online?

Thanks

Aaron
  • ASF
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2012

Re: Unable to get Asset UPnP to restart properly

Update: I opted to try to again restart Asset UPnP. I selected this option, the program then indicated "not running". After a minute or two, it seemed to start up again and displayed "0 tracks and 0 albums". The program is directed to the proper folder (this remains unchanged since the original installation). When I directly access the server and open the music folder, the tracks are all there and seem to play fine. I am concerned that the Asset UPnP is somehow corrupted. Can/should I uninstall and reinstall?s

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Try removing the folder to the NAS in asset, and point Asset to your local music folder (if it has no music add a few albums), just to see if it can index them and play them.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ASF
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2012

Spoon: Thanks so much for the quick reply. I redirected Asset UPnP from "D\Serverfolders\Music\Wav to D\Serverfolders\Music\FLAC. The FLAC folder has one high density album. Once again, the Asset UPnP restart and stated "0 tracks and 0 albums".

Comment

• ASF
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jun 2012

Also tried a music folder on my local computer...same result.

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

Uninstall asset, restart computer and reinstall.

Comment

• ASF
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jun 2012

Two questions:

1) I am running a registered version 4.0 of Asset UPnP which was set up by the store where I purchased the server. Since I have to reinstall anyway, I'd like to upgrade to version 4.1. If I uninstall, and then reinstall using a downloaded trial copy of version 4.1, will the registration still be captured (I guess if not I can still contact the store)?

2) Once I reinstall and set up Asset UPnP, do I need to select any particular function, e.g rescan, detect changes, etc, or will the program do this automatically?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Yes registration status will preserve through uninstall and reinstall.

2) Try a refresh all option.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ASF
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2012

Thanks so much for the help. I'll re-post if the problem continues.

Comment

• ASF
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Jun 2012

Spoon: The library in the folder being scanned is probably 850GB with 18500 tracks from 1580 albums. After the program reinstall, I started the "refresh all" about 16 hours ago. When I check the Asset UPnP status, it still says "Scanning library...counting audio tracks". It is reasonable that this should be taking so long? Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

The count can take a while as it optimizes the database internally.

Did you try testing on a smaller collection on a different hdd?
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ASF
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2012

No I didn't retest after the reinstall; Only before when it failed as I described above. To be honest, I should have thought of that. I will be patient and allow it a bit more time for now. Thanks

Comment

• ASF
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Jun 2012

Spoon: It is well past 24 hours since I reinstalled v4.1 of Asset UPnP; the program still says "Scanning library - Counting audio tracks". As I mentioned, the folder contains around 850GB of music in around 18500 tracks/1580 albums. I understand it may take a long time with such a large amount of data, but I am getting a bit concerned. I plan to wait until tomorrow morning and check the status then. If the program's status still hasn't changed, are there any additional steps I should take? Thanks.

Comment

• ASF
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2012

Spoon: I checked this morning and still counting tracks. I decided that 36 hours was enough time to wait, so I removed the path to the music folder on the server and inserted a path to the music folder on my local computer in which I had inserted two albums. I restarted Asset UPnP and it came back with 0 tracks and 0 albums.

I rechecked the settings for the folder on the server. The server's name is WD-NAS-FINK. Directing Asset UPnP to either WD-NAS-Fink\music\wav or the target D:\music\wav didn't seem to help. Seems like some kind of configuration problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

Try using folders on your local computer only, with only 2 albums.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>