title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

BUG: CD Ripper does not let you submit new records or changes to freedb, etc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • idiotprogrammer
    • Nov 2012

BUG: CD Ripper does not let you submit new records or changes to freedb, etc

Actually I don't know if this is a bug, normal behavior or a misconfiguration. However, judging from the thread I started a week or two ago
    I am a heavy user of your software. Overall, it kicks ass! (I'm actually writing a book on music collecting and plan to write a section specifically about this software). Here's a situation I face often. I have an Asian or Russian CD which I rip. Either dbpoweramp can't find disc information through the known sources. Or,

you seemed to assume that I should be able to submit new records and/or changes easily.

Here is a new record I created for a Russian CD not listed in any database.

I am providing a screenshot of what the interface indicates.

As you see here, I've checked all the metadata services, the menu item says "Submit Changes to" and both options (Allmusic and Freedb) are grayed out.

That seems to be a bad state because the menu item should allow me to choose one of the metadata services, but it is clearly grayed out.

I'll check this post over the next few days, but if it takes a while to respond, you can email to idiotprogrammer AT gmail
  • idiotprogrammer
    • Nov 2012

Re: BUG: CD Ripper does not let you submit new records or changes to freedb, etc

Aha, I just had to type a new CD record, and I think I see what the problem is now.

These options are not grayed out BEFORE you do the rip. However, after the rip, these options are grayed out.

I recall several times that if I tried submitting a new record before ripping, often an error message would be returned to me which would erase all the metadata I typed manually. Perhaps I'm thinking of foobar2000 and not dbpoweramp. I honestly don't remember. However, I don't see a reason why the software should forbid submission after the rip. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Re: BUG: CD Ripper does not let you submit new records or changes to freedb, etc

Try to alter a field. Like, go to the Genre, add a space after Russian and then delete it.

Comment

• Di109
        • Feb 2013

Indeed, this helps, thanks Porcus: If I edit any of the album data (up right in the main dBpoweramp window), then the Submit-to-choices get avaiblable. It doesn't help to change a song in the "Review Metadata" view.

Do you have a suggestion how to upload album art? Perhaps with a tool like Mp3Tag?

Comment

Working...

]]>