title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping a Double (2) cd into a single folder (1) cd

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeaceAngel
    • Feb 2013

Ripping a Double (2) cd into a single folder (1) cd

Please help, i´m a newbee at this point and i have loads of double and triple cd´s that i would like to rip, so it apears as 1 cd ...
    Please can you tell me how, the setting is using DBPoweramp...?
    Thank´s
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping a Double (2) cd into a single folder (1) cd

Set the disc number to 1/1 for all. The album name must match exactly, and for the 2nd album right click on track one and apply a track number offset so disc 2 continues after disc 1.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Spoon's suggestion makes the track numbers keep running. What I would do if I were to join in folders (which I don't ... I use discnumber in foldername) is to use e.g.

Artist year ¨ Album\Artist year ¨ Album ¨ Discnumber¤Tracknumber ¨ Title

Put the Discnumber in an [IFMULTI] to skip it if it isn't a multi CD set. That's the reason why I put a different separator character discnumber and tracknumber than elsewhere, in order to tell those numbers apart from those which are just tracknumbers.
      This way, if you open the folder and sort by alphabet, you will have first the ones for disc 1, etc.

Comment

• Henkjan
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
        Set the disc number to 1/1 for all. The album name must match exactly, and for the 2nd album right click on track one and apply a track number offset so disc 2 continues after disc 1.
        that's the method I use

Originally posted by Porcus
        Spoon's suggestion makes the track numbers keep running. What I would do if I were to join in folders (which I don't ... I use discnumber in foldername) is to use e.g.

Artist year ¨ Album\Artist year ¨ Album ¨ Discnumber¤Tracknumber ¨ Title .....
        how does the metatag look in this case? is it just the track number it had on the disc and then a disc nuber in that metatag? and how does your media player handle the tracks then? my squeezebox only shows tracknumbers afaik.

Comment

• PeaceAngel
          • Feb 2013

Spoon, U made my day and hit it! Thank you so much.
          All the best...

Comment

• Porcus
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Henkjan
            how does the metatag look in this case?
            Like if you hadn't changed it. Track 1 on disc 2 will be tagged with track number 1.

If you don't want it this way: Can squeezebox show three-figure track numbers? Then you could reformat tracknumber to 100*discnumber + oldtracknumber.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Squeezebox will automatically treat multi disk sets as a single album if that option is turned on in Logitech media server options. No need to change track numbers so long as you have same album name and proper disk number tags.

Comment

• Henkjan
                • Oct 2010

thanks for clarifying

Comment

Working...

]]>