title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Primera 4102 unable to locate drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derek_L
    • Feb 2013

Primera 4102 unable to locate drive

I just got the Primera 4102, downloaded the driver for it and tried to configure it. When I configured the drives I choose the Primera option, which worked for drive (I) and it tested fine. However, when I tried the same for the next drive (j) I received an error message that Primera could not locate drive (j). The error message follows:

Primera Looking For Drive:J
    Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: Got Drive 'E' Got Drive 'I'*** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'J', please check connection.
    PTRobot_Destroy: Destroyed

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Derek
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Primera 4102 unable to locate drive

What is drive e?

Comment

• Derek_L
      • Feb 2013

Drive E is a DVD drive in the computer.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

For what ever reason the Primera enum drives call is not returning the 2nd drive...

Try mapping this 2nd drive to Drive 'F' in computer management.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
          For what ever reason the Primera enum drives call is not returning the 2nd drive...
          Haha, what did I say about the documentation of the robot SDKs? :P

Brendan

Comment

• Derek_L
            • Feb 2013

Ok, the drives are now recognizable. I remapped the drive but still had the same problem so I just unplugged the DVD/CD drives from the computer and then the drives in the 4102 were recognizable.

Onto the next problem, the robot, when trying to put a disc into the top drive pushes down onto the drive like it's trying to go past it and then the software tells me there are 2 CDs in the tray though there is just 1. When testing this top drive I get this message

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="J" --logfile="C:\DOCUME~1\dclong\LOCALS~1\Temp\dBB6F.tm p" --passerrorsback="C:\DOCUME~1\dclong\LOCALS~1\Temp\d BB70.tmp"
            Running...
            Primera Looking For Drive:J
            Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: Got Drive 'I' Got Drive 'J' [Found Match]Closing CD Draw: Closed
            PTRobot_Destroy: Destroyed

Testing Complete

In the message it says "Got Drive 'I' Got Drive 'J'" but when testing the other drive it just says "Got Drive 'I'" - is that a problem? I have tried switching the names of the drives around in various forms with no change.

Not to mention when testing in kiosk mode nothing happens, which I would like to use, but one problem at a time.

Any assistance is much appreciated

Thanks,
            Derek

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

The issue is the robot driver thinks the drives are swapped, try swapping back in computer management the drive, so they were in the original order. There is also calibration routines you can run on the drives.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                The issue is the robot driver thinks the drives are swapped, try swapping back in computer management the drive, so they were in the original order. There is also calibration routines you can run on the drives.
                Do you think the calibration routines store the drive mapping somewhere (ini file, registry) for the Primera SDK/DLLs?
                Brendan

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Yes
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Derek_L
                    • Feb 2013

Alright, I basically ended up doing what Emi did in this post: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...era-4100/page2

I signed up for Primera Developer support and downloaded the Calibration Utility, reset the drives, and then assigned them to where they were supposed to be. The link to Primera Developer support: http://www.primera.com/developer/supportdeveloper.html

The 4102 is working nicely now! Though, like Emi, I'd like to use Kiosk mode but when I test it I get this error message: "Error Running Loading Method (might be normal, if loader requires no action)"

Is there any way to get kiosk mode to work? I can't tell in the post if Emi got it to work or not.

Thanks,
                    Derek

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

In:

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera-kiosk\Load

There should be a load.exe
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Derek_L
                        • Feb 2013

Hey Spoon,

I don't see load.exe. There is a 'DefaultCmdLine' text document and "MPTRobot.dll' in the load folder. Could load.exe be located somewhere else and moved into this folder?

Thanks,

Derek

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

Try uninstall and reinstall the Primera driver, our install indicates that load.exe should be there.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Derek_L
                            • Feb 2013

Hey Spoon,

Thanks, load.exe is there now, and Kiosk mode is working. One thing, and in the grand scheme is not a big deal, but the robot in kiosk mode grabs from the right bin (facing the Primera 4102) until all discs are gone -- when the bin is empty, the robot tries to grab from the right side two times -- after the two tries, it then goes to the left bin and grabs a disc. Again, for the next disc load, the robot tries to grab for the right bin twice and then picks a disc from the left bin. Though, after these two trials of trying the right bin, the robot appears to have learned its lesson and goes directly to the left for every subsequent disc until the bin is empty. I've completed several runs and the robot goes through this exercise every time, presumably this is how it is programmed? Like I said, not a big deal because it's not that time consuming, but I wanted to mention it.

Also, I wanted to note that this is part of a developing workflow for mass-ripping CDs for preservation and archive purposes. From all of my research, your software, along with the Primera 4102 was the optimal solution for what we are looking for. It's taken some work but the setup is now working as we'd hoped. I will have a webpage documenting this process, along with guidelines and other useful (hopefully) information for institutions/individuals interested in undertaking the process. I can post that address here when I'm finished for feedback, etc. if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
                            Derek

Comment

• bhoar
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Sep 2006

Definitely interested, Derek! Thanks.

Brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>