title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New Registered user questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick5472
    • Jan 2013

New Registered user questions

I just registered dBpoweramp after using the trial. I know there is a Help site but I could not get sufficient information on some things. I am wondering what secure and insecure really mean? I see in the Help listing that it mentions secure has to do with a successful rip with no errors but it is not in your database. As opposed to insecure, what does it really mean? Also what is a frame? On some of my rips it says re-ripping xxx frames. Can you please explain that? Another question I have is what does CRC stand for? Is it sum kind of checksum? The last thing I would like to know, for now is why does this CD take so long to rip in Accurate Rip? It is only on the third track and has been 1.5 hours. The DC is Tesla - The Great Radio Controversy. Thanks for any info and I look forward to continue use of this program. I just need to understand it better...:blush:
  • Henkjan
    • Oct 2010

Re: New Registered user questions

Hi, welcome. Part of yr questions might be answered in this thread:
    I appreciate -- though I do not exactly understand what is going on with Accurate Rip. For most of my CDs I see that Accurate Rip verifies them as accurate. Others I see to be "inaccurate" or "not in AccurateRip db" What is happening here? Where do you get the data to know what is accurate and

Comment

• Rick5472
      • Jan 2013

Thanks Henkjan....This is good. I am just wondering why some of the CD's I rip take forever? Should I try a different setting rather than Accurate Rip?

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

As a test on a slow to rip cd, switch to burst mode? Does it rip fast?

Comment

• Rick5472
          • Jan 2013

When I rip in burst mode the tracks are ripped faster however, I get a red 'inaccurate" with a 14, 15 or 16 in parenthesis on half the tracks .

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is likely it is slow because that disc has errors, you can configure the secure ripping options page to abort the rip if it takes too long ripping a single track (effectively giving a burst rip with errors for that one track).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>