title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CDRipper and Compilation flag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

CDRipper and Compilation flag

Currently, if I insert a CD, metadata is retreived from the cache, the Compilation tick box is automatically set and the Artist column appears, if the CD tracks have different Artists.

I would like this automatic behaviour removed or on option to turn it off, as I would like the option to set maybe 1 track with a different artist to all others on the CD, but not have the CD automatically marked as a Compilation. Also, I would like to view the Artist column at all times.
  • jsmulree
    • Jun 2012

Re: CDRipper and Compilation flag

I also find this current default behaviour frustrating :vmad:

I too would like the option to always see the 'Artist' column and better control over the 'Compilation' flag.

Originally posted by mville
    Currently, if I insert a CD, metadata is retreived from the cache, the Compilation tick box is automatically set and the Artist column appears, if the CD tracks have different Artists.

I would like this automatic behaviour removed or on option to turn it off, as I would like the option to set maybe 1 track with a different artist to all others on the CD, but not have the CD automatically marked as a Compilation. Also, I would like to view the Artist column at all times.

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

This a problem with the meta data being obtained from the online sources. Not really a CD ripper issue.

If the album Artist data item is populated I don't think that the compilation flag is set.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Wayne
        If the album Artist data item is populated I don't think that the compilation flag is set.
        Initially, when the meta data is retrieved the flag can be set.

What I want is to manually uncheck it and enter track artist data that I want, without the flag being set automatically again.

When CDRipper caches the data, if the track artist differs the compilation flag is set even though I unchecked it. I don't want this behaviour.

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

What I want is to manually uncheck it and enter track artist data that I want, without the flag being set automatically again.

When CDRipper caches the data, if the track artist differs the compilation flag is set even though I unchecked it. I don't want this behaviour.
          What happens if you manually set the Album Artist for all the tracks?

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Wayne
            What happens if you manually set the Album Artist for all the tracks?
            I set the Album Artist for all my CDs, so as far as I am concerned, Album Artist makes no difference.

Comment

• oneonesip
              • Feb 2013

Yes, this actually true my CD data all could play when checked

Comment

• seoliemgiokeng
                • Jan 2014

I have this problem before but now already fixed with this way

Comment

Working...

]]>