title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: RipNas (HFX) dbpoweramp premium software uninstalled by error

RipNas (HFX) dbpoweramp premium software uninstalled by error

This started as a minor intermittent issue with my HFX RipNas WHS v1 which I have owned since new, the WHS console status message shows [idle waiting for CD] when a music cd is correctly mounted and recognised by WHS OS and ready to rip but no ripping occurs or until a many minutes later.
    Thinking this could be software related, I RMD the WHS and checked the dbpoweramp configuration menus for current installed versions shown below.

dbpoweramp music converter (registered reference release v13.2)
    DSP effects release v3
    Asset v4.0
    Batch ripper (1.2 registered)

I then checked configuration for updates which shows availability for batch ripper and music converter, tried to upgrade but nothing happens although the WHS has internet access to dbpoweramp web sites.

This is what probably made things worse; batch ripper and the music converter were uninstalled through the Add/Remove programs re-booted then newer versions manually installed from dbpoweramp website with versions shown below, only Asset 4.0 remained installed.

Dbpoweramp music converter: (registered power pack v14.3)
    Batch ripper v1.5 (unregistered requires reference)
    DSP effects release v8
    Asset v4.0
    There is no Meta data entry (missing)

Then the newer released software doesn’t identify with the RipNas databases as a previously registered premium product.
    The WHS console settings for RipNas still remains registered with v1.6

Can anyone assist the correct procedure to re-register the RipNas with dbpoweramp databases please?

Your help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance BW.

Administrator

Re: RipNas (HFX) dbpoweramp premium software uninstalled by error

The software you have uninstalled is different than the software you have later installed. Only a system restore will get the RipNAS software functioning again.

Thank you for your prompt reply Spoon.
    Oh! This is just what I thought it might be.
    As WHS v1 doesn't facilitate system roll back; then it would be done using the DVD image supplied by HFX and performing a FULL image restore. I recovered WHS OS from a recent system disk (0) failure only 6 months ago and this was very time consuming, not to mention 2x TEAC IDE slot drive failures in 3 years.
    Is there any possibility purchasing the software separately and install fresh versions of dbpoweramp reference software?
    The WHS OS seems not to be damaged it's streaming to an Akurate DS and the Web Portal is also ok.
    My preferred option would be to use separate program installers if so which versions should I purchase?
    Or maybe its time to pull WHS v1 and move on.
    Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks again BW.

Administrator

The RipNAS software is not a simple install, it is a 10 process install, most of which has to be done manually we only offer this option to OEMs.

Perhaps ask if HFX can upgrade your system to WHS 2011

Spoon, I have referred this with HFX, maybe they can RMD the WHS machine via TeamViewer and solve it remotely I hope.

Thanks BW.