title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC tags have changed - any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eggerty
    • Jul 2011

FLAC tags have changed - any ideas?

When I rip to FLAC I always add a "Label" tag for the CD label.

However I've just noticed that somewhere, something has changed the "Label" tag to "Organisation"

Any ideas how or why this could have happened? The m4a files I converted from the FLAC files have remain unchanged (so the FLAC files must originally have been correct) - it's just the FLACs that have been affected.

Also, is there anyway I can en-mass change them back ?

The FLAC files are purely for backup - they don't get played at all so I can't see that's how they could have been changed. In fact the only programmes I know which accesses the FLAC files are SynchToy (to copy to secondary harddrive) and AudioSafe.
    Last edited by eggerty; 02-14-2013, 11:01 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC tags have changed - any ideas?

The files have not changed, just how they are represented by dBpoweramp.

See dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced Settings

there are a bunch of mapping options for FLAC Vorbis tags, such as Label >> Organization
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eggerty
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      The files have not changed, just how they are represented by dBpoweramp.

See dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced Settings

there are a bunch of mapping options for FLAC Vorbis tags, such as Label >> Organization
      Hi

Yes, I have looked there and Vorbis Comment Mapping *1 says Leave as Label

I have also used the ID Tagging addon to map the Organization to Label on some files and that has worked and they display correctly, but the ones I haven't changed are still showing an Organization tab.

So if it was a setting and how dbpoweramp displays it - how come some files now show Label and others Organization ?

Also, when I convert a FLAC to m4a which contains the organization tab - the m4a file also has the organization tab - but on all my other m4a files which were done when I originally ripped the CDs are showing correctly as Label (so the FLAC file must have had the Label tag)

Sorry, just trying to understand it. I don't want any of my FLAC files showing Organization as I use these for backups and if I need to convert from them in future I want the correct tags copying over.
      Last edited by eggerty; 02-15-2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Use the [ID Tag Update] utlitily codec and convert all your FLAC files to it (no settings should be required within the codec).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eggerty
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
          Use the [ID Tag Update] utlitily codec and convert all your FLAC files to it (no settings should be required within the codec).
          I ran that with no settings but the tag remained as Organization. However if I used the mapping I could correctly change it to Label. Annoying that I have to do this to my entire catalogue without knowing what caused it to change as the chance exists that it will change again.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Files once written do not change.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>