title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: what is accurate rip? (questions)

what is accurate rip? (questions)

I appreciate -- though I do not exactly understand what is going on with Accurate Rip.

For most of my CDs I see that Accurate Rip verifies them as accurate. Others I see to be "inaccurate" or "not in AccurateRip db"

What is happening here? Where do you get the data to know what is accurate and inaccurate?

Also, when I get an "Inaccurate' message, I often will just re-rip the same track and get an Accurate message. I have a fairly current Cd, so I expect its performance is relatively consistent. What is going on here?

I have listened to some of the "Inaccurate" tracks, and they sound fine to me. What blemishes or imperfections do you usually notice about an Inaccurate track? Is it possible that the "Inaccurate" designation is incorrect -- that the rip is perfectly fine but the AccurateRip analysis is wrong?

There are times when I can clean a CD and change some of the inaccurate tracks to Accurate. That's great.

More information: http://www.accuraterip.com/

Administrator

Re: what is accurate rip? (questions)

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/dMC/CDhelp.htm

This page shows the statuses of Secure and Accurate.

If all tracks are inaccurate, it is likely you have a different CD to the one(s) in AccurateRip. Accurate is simply a match with someone else, inaccurate is no matches.

>What blemishes or imperfections do you usually notice about an Inaccurate track?

You often have to listen for blocks of very short silence, as silence comes from the interpolation of CD data.

Is there a need to use "secure rip" when all tracks are "Accurate (n)" using "Burst"?

Administrator

Always use Secure mode, internally it actually does a burst rip and verifies, only re-ripping if it has to.

Thanks, so in other words: secure is as quick as burst when there are no errors found?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Henkjan View Post
    Thanks, so in other words: secure is as quick as burst when there are no errors found?
    yes, it does burst first and if there is an accuraterip match if moves on. That's the beauty of the secure approach in dbpa.