title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: MF Digital 7601/Baxter Free to Good home

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

MF Digital 7601/Baxter Free to Good home

I have a 7601 that I no longer use. I've run about 5k - 6k discs through it. The robot is well used, but worked last time I tried it. It is in the original box and ready to ship. I used a Plextor CD drive, which is not included. The original DVD drive is included and has not seen much use. I do need to say that it has, on occasion, picked up and loaded 2 discs, which results in damage to one of the discs. This can be devastating if left unattended. (This is the reason I have replaced it with the Nimbie.)

At any rate, it has served me well and I hope it can serve someone else, either as parts or as a batch autoloader. I've gotten my use out of it and don't feel like I can sell it.

Power Supply, Input and Output trays are all in good condition and included.

I don't have the drivers for the arm, but did try the included original DVD drive and it works in DBPA

It's available for the cost of shipping (~$30?), or local Seattle pickup.

PM me or reply to this thread.

Pete

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: MF Digital 7601/Baxter Free to Good home

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
    I have a 7601 that I no longer use. I've run about 5k - 6k discs through it. The robot is well used, but worked last time I tried it. It is in the original box and ready to ship. I used a Plextor CD drive, which is not included. The original DVD drive is included and has not seen much use. I do need to say that it has, on occasion, picked up and loaded 2 discs, which results in damage to one of the discs. This can be devastating if left unattended. (This is the reason I have replaced it with the Nimbie.)

At any rate, it has served me well and I hope it can serve someone else, either as parts or as a batch autoloader. I've gotten my use out of it and don't feel like I can sell it.

Power Supply, Input and Output trays are all in good condition and included.

I don't have the drivers for the arm, but did try the included original DVD drive and it works in DBPA

It's available for the cost of shipping (~$30?), or local Seattle pickup.

PM me or reply to this thread.

Pete
    This is a great deal, and there's a free driver from spoon for the batch ripper. Someone should snatch this up. I would, if I didn't already have several!

Brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Still available.

Other than occasionally picking up 2 discs, it works well with DBPA/Batch Ripper.

Brendan:

Do yours ever pick up two discs? MF Digital told me this was impossible. It did happen occasionally. Static electricity maybe?

PM sent...

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia View Post
    Other than occasionally picking up 2 discs, it works well with DBPA/Batch Ripper.

Brendan:

Do yours ever pick up two discs? MF Digital told me this was impossible. It did happen occasionally. Static electricity maybe?
    I don't recall. I could see static electricity being a potential problem, or discs that aren't super clean. Some of the higher-end robots include an optional "shake" function after the pick for similar problems.

Brendan

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks. So far, the Nimbie has not loaded multiple discs.

Also, the 7601 is gone. I hope Jeff is enjoying it.

MF Digital 7601 - was this a 7601XD with a USB or serial interface?

If it was a USB interface, do you remember what driver set you used to configure the batch ripper?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
    MF Digital 7601 - was this a 7601XD with a USB or serial interface?

If it was a USB interface, do you remember what driver set you used to configure the batch ripper?
    It was a 7601, I don't think it was 7601XD. It was USB and I do not recall what driver I used.

Probably one of these:
    http://www.mfdigital.com/software/do...ion44setup.exe

http://www.mfdigital.com/downloads/B...USB_Driver.zip

Frome here: https://www.mfdigital.com/legacydownloads.html