title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MF Digital 7601/Baxter Free to Good home

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sugar Magnolia
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2008

MF Digital 7601/Baxter Free to Good home

I have a 7601 that I no longer use. I've run about 5k - 6k discs through it. The robot is well used, but worked last time I tried it. It is in the original box and ready to ship. I used a Plextor CD drive, which is not included. The original DVD drive is included and has not seen much use. I do need to say that it has, on occasion, picked up and loaded 2 discs, which results in damage to one of the discs. This can be devastating if left unattended. (This is the reason I have replaced it with the Nimbie.)

At any rate, it has served me well and I hope it can serve someone else, either as parts or as a batch autoloader. I've gotten my use out of it and don't feel like I can sell it.

Power Supply, Input and Output trays are all in good condition and included.

I don't have the drivers for the arm, but did try the included original DVD drive and it works in DBPA

It's available for the cost of shipping (~$30?), or local Seattle pickup.

PM me or reply to this thread.

Pete
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: MF Digital 7601/Baxter Free to Good home

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia
    I have a 7601 that I no longer use. I've run about 5k - 6k discs through it. The robot is well used, but worked last time I tried it. It is in the original box and ready to ship. I used a Plextor CD drive, which is not included. The original DVD drive is included and has not seen much use. I do need to say that it has, on occasion, picked up and loaded 2 discs, which results in damage to one of the discs. This can be devastating if left unattended. (This is the reason I have replaced it with the Nimbie.)

At any rate, it has served me well and I hope it can serve someone else, either as parts or as a batch autoloader. I've gotten my use out of it and don't feel like I can sell it.

Power Supply, Input and Output trays are all in good condition and included.

I don't have the drivers for the arm, but did try the included original DVD drive and it works in DBPA

It's available for the cost of shipping (~$30?), or local Seattle pickup.

PM me or reply to this thread.

Pete
    This is a great deal, and there's a free driver from spoon for the batch ripper. Someone should snatch this up. I would, if I didn't already have several!

Brendan

Comment

• Sugar Magnolia
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2008

Still available.

Other than occasionally picking up 2 discs, it works well with DBPA/Batch Ripper.

Brendan:

Do yours ever pick up two discs? MF Digital told me this was impossible. It did happen occasionally. Static electricity maybe?

Comment

• CJeffB
        • Feb 2013

PM sent...

Comment

• bhoar
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Sugar Magnolia
          Other than occasionally picking up 2 discs, it works well with DBPA/Batch Ripper.

Brendan:

Do yours ever pick up two discs? MF Digital told me this was impossible. It did happen occasionally. Static electricity maybe?
          I don't recall. I could see static electricity being a potential problem, or discs that aren't super clean. Some of the higher-end robots include an optional "shake" function after the pick for similar problems.

Brendan

Comment

• Sugar Magnolia
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Dec 2008

Thanks. So far, the Nimbie has not loaded multiple discs.

Also, the 7601 is gone. I hope Jeff is enjoying it.

Comment

• JamesM
              • Feb 2018

MF Digital 7601 - was this a 7601XD with a USB or serial interface?

If it was a USB interface, do you remember what driver set you used to configure the batch ripper?

Comment

• Sugar Magnolia
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by JamesM
                MF Digital 7601 - was this a 7601XD with a USB or serial interface?

If it was a USB interface, do you remember what driver set you used to configure the batch ripper?
                It was a 7601, I don't think it was 7601XD. It was USB and I do not recall what driver I used.

Probably one of these:

Frome here: https://www.mfdigital.com/legacydownloads.html

Comment

Working...

]]>