title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ADR Hurricane

ADR Hurricane

I have an ADR unit (Sony Optiarc DVD combined with robotic load / unload). Anyone know if and how this can work as a batch ripping system with dBpoweramp?

Administrator

Re: ADR Hurricane

We know nothing about this robot, sorry.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dogbot View Post
    I have an ADR unit (Sony Optiarc DVD combined with robotic load / unload). Anyone know if and how this can work as a batch ripping system with dBpoweramp?
    db: some of the ADR units work with a very similar command sets to the other large robots in similar form factors such as the Mediatechnics, MF Digital/Formats Unlimited, etc. units because the internal robot board is based on the same CD-Robotics or later followup boards (Elliptic Systems, Yurex) many manufacturers use.

I can code or script a driver package for most serial-controlled robots, we can talk about the fee structure in email if you're interested.

If so:
    Can you post or email a picture or two of your unit so that I can get a better idea of which hardware variation it probably is?
    Does the unit have a built in Windows computer, or is it the version that requires connection to a separate computer? If it has Windows, which version?
    If you connect to the robot control port (using Hyperterminal or Putty's serial port connection, disable handshaking, 9600 baud), what response do you get to pressing the "V" key?

Brendan (brendan.hoar@gmail.com)

Hi,

Thanks for that, I'm talking to the factory and hope we can resolve the issue soon.

dBpoweramp Guru

What issue are you looking at the factory to resolve? CD Ripping in general or support for dbpoweramp's batch ripper?

Brendan