title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Convert Issue. Too large of a flac library.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Batch Convert Issue. Too large of a flac library.

I have 118,000+ tracks in my flac library. When I try to batch convert the whole lot to MP3, the little + sign gets about 80% of the way across in it's analysis phase before it crashes. Memory usage gets up to about 2GB just prior to the crash.

I can't find any error logs or event log entries for you.

I can do the whole library in smaller chunks just not all at once. I'm running 14.3 yet, haven't tried your 14.4 RC.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Administrator

Re: Batch Convert Issue. Too large of a flac library.

You are hitting a 32 bit memory limit, there is nothing that can be done currently except to convert the files in 2 batches.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You are hitting a 32 bit memory limit, there is nothing that can be done currently except to convert the files in 2 batches.
    Fair enough.

I have a separate folder for each artist. Any way to make selection of half my library easier in batch conversion tool? Or the ability to select multiple folders in windows explorer and do a batch conversion from the context menu?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Administrator

If you have different file types, use the filter.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

There is something wrong with the batchconverter outside 32 addressable memory limits.

I went and converted 25,000 tracks, then went back into batch converter unselected those particular folders. Batch converter still reports 117,000 tracks and crashes.

So I'm getting frustrated, decided to do a couple letters at a time. So I painfully individually select all the artists folders starting with C & D. Walk away. Come back a few hours later and find that it converted the first couple C folder skipped over half of C folders and then continued on converting the rest of what I selected.

Having enough, I've since just wrote myself a multi-threaded command line app that calls coreconverter.exe. I just recursively load the files from one artist folder, parallel process them, and repeat. Saves loading the the whole file list into memory first.

I've never really had any trouble with batch converter prior, but this is the first time I've tried doing big batches on Windows 8.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    There is something wrong with the batchconverter outside 32 addressable memory limits.

I went and converted 25,000 tracks, then went back into batch converter unselected those particular folders. Batch converter still reports 117,000 tracks and crashes.

So I'm getting frustrated, decided to do a couple letters at a time. So I painfully individually select all the artists folders starting with C & D. Walk away. Come back a few hours later and find that it converted the first couple C folder skipped over half of C folders and then continued on converting the rest of what I selected.

Having enough, I've since just wrote myself a multi-threaded command line app that calls coreconverter.exe. I just recursively load the files from one artist folder, parallel process them, and repeat. Saves loading the the whole file list into memory first.

I've never really had any trouble with batch converter prior, but this is the first time I've tried doing big batches on Windows 8.
    That's interesting. I've noticed some older apps don't seem to play well with the explorer.exe process in Windows 8. E.g. the app asked explorer to open a folder and instead it opens a different one. Might be something new in Win 8?

Brendan

please how to register dBpoweramp

Administrator