title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip-As-1 improvements

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chileboy
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2007

Rip-As-1 improvements

I posted this earlier as a response in another thread, but obviously more appropriately belongs here. I looked through the requests, and couldn't find anything simliar - if I missed it, I apologize

I'd really like to have the ability to simply select one or more adjacent tracks from the main ripping screen and click "Rip-As-1". It could just use all of the tags for the first (or last) selected track - mostly they're the same for all tracks anyway, other than the title and track number. And easy enough to change a couple of tags after-the-fact.

Or alternatively, when in the Rip-As-1 screen, Ctrl-Click the track numbers you want under the bar graph or something. I mean, the program obviously already knows the start-and-end times for the tracks - I don't understand the need to try and zero-in on the correct pixels on the graph. I'm never sure if I got it 100% right.

The tricky part might be the AccurateRip stuff, but I'd be willing to even forgo that in the short term. The Secure check should still work, and 99% of my discs rip accurately anyway, and I can always double-check with a "regular" rip for suspect discs.

Whenever there's a new, even minor release, I keep hoping for an improvement in this area. I find the entire dbpoweramp suite to be absolutely top-notch and indispensable, but as I said this is a frustration. And a curiosity to me, considering how sophisticated the program is. Maybe I'm missing something that makes this process a lot easier, or I'm not understanding why handling it differently would be difficult to implement.

- Mark
Working...

]]>