title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ultra Newbie: Successfully Ripped CD to FLAC with dBp; How do I playback?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Melbong
    • Jan 2013

Ultra Newbie: Successfully Ripped CD to FLAC with dBp; How do I playback?

Hello dBpoweramp Forum.

My first post. I want to rip my 600 CD's using dBpoweramp. I downloaded the trial and successfully ripped Jimi Hendrix Axis Bold As Love to FLAC. I will purchase the full registration but....

Now that the ripped CD resides in a FLAC format on my computer what application can I use to "play" the file from my computer? Is that the Asset UPnP application from Illustrate? Or do I need another app? What are the best (freeware or otherwise) FLAC player applications available?

Before I start the 600 CD ripping process I want to be sure I'm headed down the right path. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Joe
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Ultra Newbie: Successfully Ripped CD to FLAC with dBp; How do I playback?

Originally posted by Melbong
    Hello dBpoweramp Forum.

My first post. I want to rip my 600 CD's using dBpoweramp. I downloaded the trial and successfully ripped Jimi Hendrix Axis Bold As Love to FLAC. I will purchase the full registration but....

Now that the ripped CD resides in a FLAC format on my computer what application can I use to "play" the file from my computer? Is that the Asset UPnP application from Illustrate? Or do I need another app? What are the best (freeware or otherwise) FLAC player applications available?

Before I start the 600 CD ripping process I want to be sure I'm headed down the right path. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Try foobar2000. Thats what i use. I think Winamp may play flac too.

Comment

• DWalker07
      • Feb 2013

I play my FLAC files using Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 7. It takes a couple of installations of non-Microsoft additions to WMP, so if you are a complete newbie, it might not be easy for you. If you're willing to experiment, just search the Web for "windows media player flac" and you'll see some solutions.

Comment

• Jeff Flowerday
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Mar 2008

J River Media Center is worth every penny just like dbPoweramp.

Comment

Working...

]]>