title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with metadata in MPaD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loonie Tunes
    • Jan 2013

Problem with metadata in MPaD?

Help!! I have been using dbPoweramp and the MPaD app on my iPad with the Bryston BDP-1 flawlessly for a year now. I use dbPoweramp to rip my CDs, and I save the files to my PC. Files are then transferred over the home network to the BDP-1. The 240GB hard drive tethered to the BDP-1 is approximately half full, so there's plenty of room.

On MPaD, track titles have been displaying just as they should in each album directory by track title with no track number visible and they appear in proper ranked order. Now for the problem. The last few albums I have copied from my PC over to the hard drive on the BDP-1 have had some of the tracks (but not all) appear like this on the first line: 04 Doobie Brothers - Name of the Track Title. Album artist and album title appear properly below on the second line.

The majority of the tracks in these same albums appear as they should in the directory with Name of the Track Title on the first line and then album artist and album title below. In other words, most of the directory appears in the correct manner.

The other interesting thing is in those directories that are displaying in the different-odd manner, the album year appears with four question marks ????, rather than the four digit year.

All meta data seems fine when I look at the ripped files both on my PC and looking at the files after transfer to the BDP-1. Anyone have any idea why this is occurring? I am at a loss. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with metadata in MPaD?

What format are you ripping to?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Loonie Tunes
      • Jan 2013

Sorry Spoon, I should have mentioned. AIFF

Comment

• Loonie Tunes
        • Jan 2013

What I have done in the meantime is to uninstall/reinstall MPaD. Made no difference. Also tried reripping one of the CDs and saving to a different drive. Still same result with the directory and with ???? where the album year should appear. I have ripped a couple hundred CDs with no problems until getting this strange result, and to my knowledge have not changed any settings. Perhaps uninstall and then reinstall dbPoweramp?

Comment

• Loonie Tunes
          • Jan 2013

Spoon, I have worked on this all day and this is what I have done. Uninstalled and reinstalled v14.3. Looking back at previous dbPoweramp actions at my end, I updated from v14.2 to v14.3 a couple of weeks ago. That is exactly when I started having problems with the file directory. The last CD I ripped with 14.2 has no directory problem. The first CD I ripped with 14.3 and all the subsequent CDs ripped, including today after I did the uninstall/reinstall, have directory problems. Any way that I can get v14.2 from you to see if it works OK again? Thanks!!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You need R14.4 which is in the beta section of this forum.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Loonie Tunes
              • Jan 2013

That resolved it. What a pesky bug, but thanks so much. Hopefully anyone else having the same problem will see this for their quick fix, as well. Also, I notice that my ripping speed with my HP1270 drive has more than doubled with 14.4. Interesting.......

Thanks, Spoon. You are most responsive to your clients!!

Comment

Working...

]]>