title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wrong File size in Windows Media Player 12 (0 bytes)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dapc73
    • Jan 2013

Wrong File size in Windows Media Player 12 (0 bytes)

Hi,

After Batch Converting (Bath Converter- tool) the entire Albums Music collection to apply (Replaygain)(convert to Replaygain) i noticed that the files size in the size colum of the musics inside the albums (Windows Media Player 12) shows ( 0 bytes) !:cry:

It didn't happen with every albums...

The flac files are apparently playing without any issues.

How do i restore the wrong size info?

Please advice

Many thanks
    dapc73

using flac music files ( 16 and 24 bits) with:
    - Windows 8 Pro
    - WMP 12
    - Windows media center
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Wrong File size in Windows Media Player 12 (0 bytes)

If the files play perfectly then they are not 0 bytes...it is a bug in the FLAC WMA plugin you are using, it is not possible for dBpoweramp to set a 0 byte file size for a file which contains audio, it is set at the filesystem level (have a look at the files in Windows Explorer, they will show the right size).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dapc73
      • Jan 2013

Thanks Spoon

They aren't actualy "0 bytes files", but they now show "0 bytes "( only in the WMP12 colum ) not in the files properties, what i would like to konw how to do, was to correct that wrong info.

Should i re-apply Replaygain with the Dbpoweramp (Batch Converter) again , as it was after doing that first conversion, that the problem happend...?

Many thanks
      dapc73

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is nothing dBpoweramp can do, it creates valid FLAC files, read by everything (which does not have bugs).

Perhaps contact the author of the WMP FLAC plugin, because this is where the bug lies, not with dBpoweramp.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>