title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Converter - update/refresh function

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Batch Converter - update/refresh function

Hello everyone

I'm writing to ask if a certain feature exists. I have used BC successfully to batch convert my large folder structure of FLACs to a parallel folder structure of MP3s for itunes to consume.

(I should say here that I think dbPowerAmp and the BC tool are outstanding - thank you.)

Having got the folders all in place as above, I would like BC to run through the FLAC folder set and create/convert only those folders/tracks that don't exist in the MP3 structure. This is the equivalent of running a full conversion of the entire FLAC structure but automatically rejecting overwrites where the files exist.

I don't know if the feature exists - I've looked in the options, and in the forum - couldn't find it.

The reason I need this is that itunes (difficult product that it is) loses all my playlists when I do a full refresh of the MP3 structure - what a hassle.

Any help gratefully appreciated! Cheers

John

Administrator

Re: Batch Converter - update/refresh function

You can start the conversion, when it asks to overwrite existing click 'No to All' and only the non-existing files will be encoded.

Thanks very much. Seems obvious, but I can't get it to work...

After the BC has produced the list, I click "No to All". This deselects the entire pre-existing (very long) list. I then click "overwrite", the button appears to be pressed, but then nothing happens - the list screen remains displayed.

I've checked that there are source files in the "convert from" folder which are not on the list (ie haven't been converted before).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong...?

thanks

John

dBpoweramp Guru

To click Convert in Batch ripper, then Convert on the codec selection page, the overwrite page will show, and clicking 'no to all' will close the page, there should be no reason to click overwrite.

Ok, I'm finding the functionality of the buttons unclear from the names on them. But I think it's not working as you describe.

When I press "no to all" it deselects all the items on the overwrite list (removes the ticks).

However, that's all it does - the screen remains displayed, and the converter does not start. That is why I clicked on overwrite (to see if that would "start" the process).

So, I've now told the converter not to overwrite any existing files. How do I tell it to proceed with converting the rest? I only have 3 buttons:

CANCEL
    NO TO ALL
    OVERWRITE

Cancel aborts the whole thing. NO TO ALL and OVERWRITE now appear to do nothing.

If this is unclear I can send screenshots etc.

Thanks
    John

Administrator

A screenshot please, because I do not get this, clicking 'no to all' instantly does the conversion.

You are using R14 of dBpoweramp?