title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Split hidden tracks off to separate track from the last song?

Split hidden tracks off to separate track from the last song?

I love the Hidden Track Silence Removal option. No more dead air, and makes ReplayGain way more accurate.

But I'm curious if there is currently a way, or if it could be easily implemented, to have dBpoweramp automagically split off any hidden tracks as their own separate tracks, so that when I shuffle I don't get the last song and the hidden song as one file?

Given that dBpoweramp already recognizes there is silence to remove, I'm assuming it would be easy to tell it to just split the track at that deletion point instead of moving all the hidden data to butt up against the last song.

I realize I can do this manually in Audacity and a hundred other programs, but I'm a little worried about the export functions/processing of those programs coloring the data.

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Split hidden tracks off to separate track from the last song?

I have been requesting this for YEARS! Seems like a simple tweak to an existing DSP:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...nd-Suggestions

See the last request in the first post.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Was this request ever implemented?

Also, please could someone tell me whether DBPA tells you when the DSP has been used on a track/album? Or does it just do the job behind the scenes unbeknown to you?

Same question for the "Audio CD - Silence Track Deletion" DSP as well please.

Cheers

Max

Administrator

It has not been implemented, as far as I know the actions are processed without logging.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    as far as I know the actions are processed without logging.
    If anybody has found otherwise in practise, then would be good to hear from you. Otherwise, I think I'll just do it manually in an audio editor.... I have a lot of ambient music with some long quiet passages, and am just a bit worried that the DSP might be used where I don't want it to.

Cheers

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

OK, so it looks like the DSP does not log or report when it has been used. Shame. Would be much better imo if it did, so you could check to see it had not been used in error....

Without that feature, would be great to hear from people on the forum who do use the DSP how they have got on with it, and whether it has ever removed something it shouldn't have.... Any tips on best settings would be helpful too.

At what point in the rip does the DSP do its thing? And how is ReplayGain calculated; before or after the silence has been removed (Spoon???).

Cheers

Max
    Last edited by Max Dread; 01-26-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Administrator

They are processed in the order the DSP effected as listed.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

They are processed in the order the DSP effected as listed.
    Of course! Sorry about that. Now that you say it I remember reading it in several places. Thakns for reminding me.

If anyone's reading, would still be good to hear something in response to:

Quote Originally Posted by Max Dread View Post
    Without that feature, would be great to hear from people on the forum who do use the DSP how they have got on with it, and whether it has ever removed something it shouldn't have.... Any tips on best settings would be helpful too.
    Cheers

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

as far as I know the actions are processed without logging.
    Just wanted to update this to say that the Information Log (at the end of the rip) does in fact tell you that the DSP has been used. I just used it on a CD and the log stated.... "Audio CD - Hidden Track Silence Removal: Deleting Silence From: 00:06:36.585 to 00:13:00.692"

However, the info was not in the ExtractionLog saved with the audio.... Not sure why. I have "Complete" selected, which I presumed was more complete than "Detailed"...?

Administrator

Using multi encoder?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Using multi encoder?
    Yes I am.... Does that change things?

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes cd ripper creates it log its self, the codecs add general information which is seperate to the log

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

OK, thanks of explaining. It is handy that it is in the Info Log at the end of the ip. so I'll just have to scan that after each rip to see if it was used (just in case it was used incorrectly). Would be good to have it in the saved ExtractionLog, but never mind - the Info Log is certainly better than nothing.

Cheers