title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: album artwork doesn't always save to files

album artwork doesn't always save to files

i've been using this software for a couple of years now and i have a recurring issue that i need some help with; when downloading an album from the net and it doesnt have artwork tagged to it, i usually find an image > save as > open the album folder > ctrl+A the songs > right click to open Edit ID-tag > click Add Album Art and then double click the artwork. this (90% of the time) saves the artwork successfully to the files. i then copy and paste the jpeg to the actual folder as well.

my issue is that every now and again, after completing this process, the artwork doesnt actually save, or certainly it doesnt appear when Edit ID-Tag is opened again. i dont know why this is. is there a preferred size of jpeg in order for it to tag? i also get this problem when editing album titles, for example. i type them in, click OK but next time i oped Edit ID-Tag, the editing titles have reverted back to whatever was there before. as i say, this happens infrequently, but is frustrating when it does.

if anyone can make sense of this, i would very much appreciate the help.

Administrator

Re: album artwork doesn't always save to files

Where are the files stored? on the network?

they're in my music folder, local HDD in my laptop.

well i'm not sure what's happened but when i play these albums (through my Logitech Squeezebox server) the artwork now appears! this is odd because i still have no sign of the artwork under the Edit ID-Tag option, it has no artwork in the edit window at all, but at least i can see it when i play the songs now. thanks for the quick response anyway, all seems fine here