title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Decode errors

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15

    Decode errors

    My AudioSafe client showed me in the past days about 30 music files that couldn't be decoded properly. I've later checked these files and I had no problems decoding them. What could be causing this behavior? And how do I "tell" my client these files are fine?

    I'm using Monkey's Audio codec at Insane compression method. My folder structure and file names don't have strange Unicode characters like &*9827;&*9830;&*9824;, nor have more than 250 characters. Using version 1.0.0.15.

    All the log info look like this:

    [Date] [Time]: Could not process:
    [Drive]:\[Folder structure]\[File].ape
    Reason: Unable to decode file '[Drive]:\[Folder structure]\[File].ape', is corrupted?

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    38,913

    Re: Decode errors

    Try installing dBpoweramp and convert these files to [test conversion] can it process them?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15

    Re: Decode errors

    Installed the latest version of dbPoweramp Music Converter plus the dbPoweramp Monkey's Audio codec. Selected some audio files logged as problematic and used Test Conversion option. All jobs finished without errors or warnings.

    Is there any more information that can be useful to send? System\Hardware information?

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    38,913

    Re: Decode errors

    Yes please.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15

    Re: Decode errors

    Speccy info about my system:
    Code:
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
    RAM: 4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 824MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V PRO (LGA1155)
    Graphics: 1023MB GeForce GTX 560 Ti (EVGA)
    Hard Drives: 1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 ATA Device (SATA)
    	119GB OCZ-VERTEX4 (SSD)
    	699GB Western Digital WDC WD7502AAEX-00Z3A0 (SATA)
    My OS is in the SSD drive, the music files are in the external Seagate drive, connected trough e-SATA. My client isn't running in any kind of "compatibility mode".

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    38,913

    Re: Decode errors

    Perhaps the files were locked at the time of the intial backup, try to see if one of these files can be restored.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15

    Re: Decode errors

    Yes, these files can be restored. Used the option to delete duplicates and no old versions remained form my music files. Seems everything was backuped correctly.

    But still, these error logs are wrong. They should inform "access denied" or something else than "Unable to decode X, is corrupted?", because the problem wasn't in the file itself.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15

    Re: Decode errors

    A little update: even given "total control" permissions to my user over the music folder, and setting both "AudioSafe-Client.exe" and "AudioSAFE-ExternalProcess.exe" administrator privileges, I'm still received a random error message "Unable to decode X, is corrupted?" when the file itself is fine. I wasn't using\listening to this file (the computer was on overnight), thus this file shouldn't be "locked".

    Maybe the built in anti-virus in Windows 8 was checking this file in the exact moment when my AudioSafe client was decoding the file? I've excluded the music folder location from scanning processes now, let's see if it helps.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    15

    Re: Decode errors

    Recently completed 100% of progress. I didn't receive any "Unable to decode X, is corrupted?" incorrect error messages since my last report.

    I've also reformatted and reinstalled my OS. My AudioSafe client was able to determine that everything was already backuped after an hour or so. Except it displayed one error message "Could not process X Reason: invalid input". I checked the file in question and there was nothing wrong with it. Changed it's filename and cleared the error log, and now it appears as normally backuped.

    I have no idea what this error means. The error messages should be more explanatory.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •