title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [ReplayGain] Utility Codec Release 3

Re: [ReplayGain] Utility Codec Release 3

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Album gain would be written right at the end after any dsp effect so it is not possible to bypass that.
    Not possible? Surely track gain get's written per track and then the timestamps are corrected/reset due to the Preserve Source Attributes, so why not reset them after writing album gain too?

It would be great to be able to use the ReplayGain codec to re-do my entire collection as EBU R128, but if the timestamps get changed, my music server thinks I've got a load of 'New Music' and the 'New Music' category becomes simply a collection of the latest files to get updated, as opposed to the latest albums I've purchased and ripped.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Album gain would be written right at the end after any dsp effect so it is not possible to bypass that.
    Of course it is possible, just read the accessed, created, modified datetimes before altering the file, and put them back afterwards.
    You can do this always, (in every case) because the user selection of whether to preserve source attributes when writing individual track gain gets honoured, and the decision whether to update the datetime at all is made then. If you just preserve the preexisting datetimes when you write the album gain, you will get the effect of preserving attributes when the user selected do do so, and not, when the user didn't select the preserve attributes filter.

Administrator

Yes we can do it in code, however my statement was about whether someone could do it with the preserve source attributes dsp, and I said it was not possible.

Administrator

This codec has been updated (to preserve last access time) and includes a 64 bit version, is now listed here:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...gg-Wavpack-etc