title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: [ReplayGain] Utility Codec Release 3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

[ReplayGain] Utility Codec Release 3

The purpose of this utility codec is to calculate and ID Tag ReplayGain values to already existing audio tracks (ie select existing files in Explorer >> Right Click >> Convert To >> [Replay Gain]). ReplayGain IDTags contain volume adjustment information which a player can use to alter the volume of a track to make it the same loudness as other tracks.

This update includes the option to calculate EBU R128 gain, and to write iTUNENORM tags.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpow...layGain%5D.exe

844KB
    Last edited by Spoon; 02-13-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Administrator

Re: [ReplayGain] Utility Codec Release 3

Update 23rd February 2013

Bug Fix to EBU R128 which can cause it to crash on short or silent tracks.

Thanks! Could you update the entry in the Codec Central, please? That'd be great!

Administrator

This is a beta test, once stable it will be released (and updated in codec central).

This is great! I was looking for just this feature - and here it is. I'd appreciate that the time stamp on files not be changed when adding tags. Is this possible? In general I do less ripping and more downloads at the moment so I would like to run the DSP at regular intervals to set RG tags for new files. Will files already tagged with DBP be ignored? If not, is this a function that can be added?

Administrator

You can use Batch Converter, select everything then list the files, add the replaygain value, sort on that, then easy exclude the ones you have already done.

Quote Originally Posted by ogs View Post
    This is great! I was looking for just this feature - and here it is. I'd appreciate that the time stamp on files not be changed when adding tags. Is this possible?
    I'm sure you worked this out for yourself already, but when you click convert, after selecting ReplayGain as the converter, hit Add in the Options section and select Add DSP Effect -> Preserve Source Attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The purpose of this utility codec is to calculate and ID Tag ReplayGain values to already existing audio tracks ...
    Several years ago I abandoned this codec because it drops tag frames that it does not recognize:
    Replay-Gain utility codec drops some frames

Any developments with that? Like simply preserving any unrecognized frames as-is from the original tag?
    Not all taggers are 100% compliant, let alone with each other:
    http://id3.org/Compliance%20Issues

Will the new version preserve info I've added (purposefully!) to tracks?

Can we use this codec to just change the tags of FLAC files for EBU R128 track and album values (without having to also batch convert FLAC to FLAC files)? I installed it, but can't get it to change existing RG values, whereas if I go the FLAC to FLAC route I get new track and album values.

Thanks Spoon!

Administrator

You would convert to [ReplayGain] after installing it.

So the ReplayGain Utility Codec uses R128 by default? I ask because when I convert to [ReplayGain] after installing it, there is no option to use R128 (like after adding the ReplayGain DSP when going the FLAC>>FLAC route).

Thanks!

Administrator

If you have this beta codec there is an EBU option at the bottom.