title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R14.4+ - 15.x Requests and Suggestions

Re: R14.4+ - 15.x Requests and Suggestions

Hello,
    I'd just like to report the following bug.
    When I use the CD ripper and have more than one value in Composer field (or artist), values are separated by a semicolon and only the first value is used to name the file.
    In fact Composers are separated by a semicolon and a space. When I remove space the two composers are correctly used to name the file. When I keep the space the second one is removed.
    It's a bug and I appologize if I write this post in the wrong thread.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

More compatibility with foobar2000 and Mp3tag on multivalue tag field separators would be great http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...lue-tag-fields

dBpoweramp Guru

A minor nuissance:

When the Submit to AR window pops up, dBp still holds handles to the most recently ripped-to folder. It is released when submission is complete, not before.

(Edit: it isn't so that beta rips are purged? Seems like you have done that some time in the past, but it might be a one-off.)
    Last edited by Porcus; 03-15-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Two more things:

a) In the "Review Metadata" view, the different metadata sources are shown in a table. Different contents are marked red.
    Seemingly, this comparison ignores if letters are upper case oder lower case - at least in song titles I found this. "The king" - "the king" - "The King".

b) It would be nice, if the main windows would signal "I'm ready with ripping!" more obvious - perhaps a green icon or background (not a popup-window please)?
    Usually I have two windows of dBpoweramp opened to rip from two drives, and I have to look quite carefully which instance is ready and awaits new input.

(I don't know how I can link/attach images to show it.)

dBpoweramp Guru

Add a new column to verify the writing of the track. I have run into a problem where for some reason (disc full...) that the rip is accurate, but the file is not written. I still get the little accuraterip icon, but it would be nice to have a separate column, especially with lossless formats, to verify the write.

dBpoweramp Guru

The first post reference ARv3. With the death of AudioSafe, ARv3 w/ error correction is not likely to ever happen.

CTDB (CueTools Database) should be implemented as an additional verification source as well as error repair (inside dBpoweramp).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EliC View Post
    The first post reference ARv3. With the death of AudioSafe, ARv3 w/ error correction is not likely to ever happen.

CTDB (CueTools Database) should be implemented as an additional verification source as well as error repair (inside dBpoweramp).
    +1 on the CTDB type error repair inside dbpa.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Small thing.. "Upper All First Characters"

Thanks.

Better handling of multiple-release CDs - just found out that a number of CDs that i've been ripping over the last 6 months have some tracks incorrectly tagged - not pleased.

Yes I know I *should* have x-ref'd the CD track listing with what's offered on screen, but I kind of thought the metadata processing was smarter than that.

Would like that if a number of possible matches are found, you're prompted for the best match

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
    Better handling of multiple-release CDs - just found out that a number of CDs that i've been ripping over the last 6 months have some tracks incorrectly tagged - not pleased.

Yes I know I *should* have x-ref'd the CD track listing with what's offered on screen, but I kind of thought the metadata processing was smarter than that.

Would like that if a number of possible matches are found, you're prompted for the best match
    "perfectmeta" within the dbpa ripper does in fact automatically provide the best match across the multiple metadata sources it finds. If desired, one can look at the screen that has the various matches and choose manually. I've ripped > 5,000 CDs. Most require no major changes to metadata (exluding perhaps genre). But its not perfect. That said, dbpa's perfectmeta approach is the best source of metadata I've ever seen/used. Anyhow, in my own process, I rip a CD, and while ripping the next CD, I'm looking at the previously ripped files, cleaning up any errors, typos, perhaps changing the name of the AlbumArtist to suit my cataloging scheme, etc. If multidisk album I rerun ReplayGain to create album RG tag values that take into account all the multidisks at the same time, etc.

edit: bottom line, metadata is not often "officially" provided by the manufacturer of the CD. It comes from data collected from various users of the metadata databases. Consequently, metadata has many areas where it may be wrong. Additionally, there are sometimes incorrect matches (the CD is part of a box set but the metadata found refers to the original release).
    Last edited by garym; 11-05-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Sorry about this, but I cannot understand why lyrics is not somehow inter graded in to your CD ripper. I've seen other software that has this feature. Even though it might not always be dependable as far as sites coming and going, I cannot see how this would not be something you could have as an option. I know you could keep up with it as far as lyric sites coming and going. Of course, the lyrics would not be as accurate, but at least you could find some way to do this. For an example, mp3tag Pro has it. And it works pretty good.
    Thanks
    Last edited by zbobz; 11-08-2013 at 10:46 PM.